STAMFORD, Conn. - Joseph Salvatore "Big Joe" Tolla of Stamford died April 19. He was 50.
Tolla was born Feb. 25, 1964, to Salvatore and Helen Tolla (Wozdusiewicz). A longtime Stamford resident, he was a graduate of Stamford High School and he briefly worked as a custodian at the Board of Education. He was a member of Sacred Heart Church and Knights of Columbus in Stamford.
Tolla is survived by his sister, Margaret Tolla Speight (Ivey Lee Speight Sr.); a nephew, Ivey (Christopher) Speight Jr., a niece; aunt, Barbara; and several cousins. He was predeceased by his parents; aunt, Jeanette Fidelie; and uncle, John Tolla.
Calling hours are Thursday, April 24 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Leo P. Gallagher & Son Funeral Home, 2900 Summer St., Stamford, CT 06905. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Friday, April 25 at Sacred Heart Church, 37 Schuyler Ave., Stamford. Interment will follow at St. John Cemetery in Darien.
For more information, please visit: http://www.leopgallagherstamford.com
- 1 Update: Two Men Charged With Murder In Fatal Shooting In Stamford In 2012
- 2 Man Arrested After Chase Charged With Throwing Rock At Stamford Police Cars
- 3 Police: Stamford Woman Hid In Dumpster After Stealing From CVS
- 4 Dentist Involved In Stamford Medicaid Fraud Scheme Pleads Guilty
- 5 Police Blame Pistol-Whipping, Rivalry For Stamford Slaying; 2 Arrests Made