STAMFORD, Conn. - Joseph A. Fiordelisi of Stamford died Tuesday, April 1. He was 75.
Fiordelisi was born Aug. 2, 1938, in Stamford, to Salvatore and Carmella Coppola Fiordelisi.
He was a third degree member of the Knights of Columbus of Stamford and served in the Connecticut State National Guard Reserves. He was a graduate of Stamford High School, graduate of Southern Connecticut State Teachers College and Sacred Heart University. He was employed by General Reinsurance for 18 years before his retirement in December of 2012.
Fiordelisi is survived by his brothers, Ted Fiordelisi (Mary) of Stamford, Sal Fiordelisi (Virginia) of Fairfield; and sisters, Emma Deluca of Stamford and Cleo Calo (Vito) of Stamford. He was predeceased by his parents; and sister, Louisa Fiordelisi.
Calling hours are Friday, April 4 from 4 to 8 p.m. at The Nicholas F. Cognetta Funeral Home & Crematory, 104 Myrtle Ave., Stamford. A funeral procession will be leave the funeral home Saturday, April 5 at 10:30 a.m. for a mass of Christian Burial to be celebrated at St. Maurice RC Church, 358 Glenbrook Road, Stamford at 11a.m. Interment will follow at St. John’s RC Cemetery, Darien.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to a charity of one’s choice in Fiordelisi’s memory.
- 1 Obama Sweeps Into Stamford To Raise Cash For Democratic Party
- 2 Obama Departs From Westchester After Attending Stamford Event
- 3 Beware Of Delays On Merritt During Obama's Visit To Stamford
- 4 Norwalk Police: Stamford Man Sold Cocaine To Undercover Cop
- 5 Stamford Announces Musical Lineup For Alive@Five Concerts