STAMFORD, Conn. - John A. Romano, Sr. of Stamford died June 26. He was 80.
Romano was born Jan. 2, 1934, in Minturno, Italy, to Nicholas and Mary Grace Mallozzi Romano.
He served in the U.S. Army from 1954 to 1958, was a member of the Piedmont Club of Darien as well as the Knights of Columbus. He was a carpenter with the Local 210 and the founder of A&J Romano Construction Company.
Romano is survived by his wife, Joan Kikta Romano of Stamford; daughter, Renee Bornstein (Hank) of Stamford; son, John Romano (Dona) of Stamford; brother, Anthony J. Romano of Stamford; and sister, Carmela Bruno of Stamford; and four grandchildren. He was predeceased by his parents.
Calling hours are Tuesday, July 1 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Nicholas F. Cognetta Funeral Home & Crematory, 104 Myrtle Ave., Stamford. A funeral procession will leave the funeral home at 9:15 a.m. Wednesday, July 2 and proceed to Holy Spirit RC Church, 403 Scofieldtown Road, Stamford, for a Mass of Christian Burial to be celebrated at 10 a.m. Interment will follow at Queen of Peace Cemetery, Rockrimmon Road, Stamford.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Stamford Hospital, for Nursing and Clinical Staff Education, 1351 Washington Blvd., Suite 202, Stamford, CT 06902.
- 1 Update: Two Men Charged With Murder In Fatal Shooting In Stamford In 2012
- 2 Man Arrested After Chase Charged With Throwing Rock At Stamford Police Cars
- 3 Police: Stamford Woman Hid In Dumpster After Stealing From CVS
- 4 Dentist Involved In Stamford Medicaid Fraud Scheme Pleads Guilty
- 5 Police Blame Pistol-Whipping, Rivalry For Stamford Slaying; 2 Arrests Made