STAMFORD, Conn. - John P. Gardell of Stamford, and Spring Lake, N.J., died July 12. He was 85.
Gardell was born July 23, 1928, in New York, to John J. and Mary Hosey Gardell. He was a graduate of Manhattan College and New York University. Prior to his retirement he was the owner and president of Marvel Oil Company. He was a trustee and lector at St Gabriel Church. He was a past commander and educational officer of the Stamford Power and Sail Organization, where he taught celestial navigation for 40 years.
Gardell is survived by his wife, Vera Silvestro Gardell; children, John Jr. (Carol), Stephen Matthew (Sissy), Peter (Maria) Gardell and Mary Ann (Lewis) Cutter; and 14 grandchildren. He was predeceased by his parents; first wife, M. Theresa Swords Gardell.
Calling hours are Friday, July 18 from 4 to 8 p.m. at Leo P. Gallagher & Son Funeral Home, 2900 Summer St., Stamford. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Saturday, July 19 at St Gabriel Church, Newfield Ave., Stamford. Burial will follow in Queen of Peace Cemetery.
For more information, please visit: http://www.leopgallagherstamford.com
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Stamford EMTs Use Narcan For First Time To Save Man From Overdose
- 3 Man Charged With Making Video Of Woman, 48, In Stamford Beach Bathroom
- 4 Police Search For Stamford Man In Armed Robbery Of Check-Cashing Business
- 5 Stamford Man Charged With Illegally Collecting $16K In Unemployment