STAMFORD, Conn. - John E. Rosa, Sr., a lifelong resident of Stamford, died Wednesday, March 19. He was 83.
Rosa was born Nov. 24, 1930 in Stamford, to John B. and Angelina LaMonica Rosa. He was a
former co-owner of R & R Convenience Store and The Club 14 Restaurant.
Rosa is survived by his wife, Marion V. Larkins Rosa; son, John E. Rosa, Jr., both of Stamford; brother, William Rosa of Seymour; and many nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents; brothers, Michael, Joseph, Paul and Nicholas Rosa; and sisters, Florence Candito, Rose (Dolly) Jones and Anita Rosa.
Calling hours are Sunday, March 23 from 2 to 6 p.m. at The Nicholas F. Cognetta Funeral Home & Crematory, 104 Myrtle Avenue, Stamford. A funeral procession will leave Monday, March 24 at 10:20 a.m. from the funeral home for a Mass of Christian Burial to be celebrated at 11 a.m. at St. Mary’s RC Church, 566 Elm St., Stamford. Interment will be private.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Rosa’s memory to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, 501 St. Jude Place Building, Memphis, TN 38105.
- 1 Man, 62, Knocks Down Younger Victim In Road Rage Assault, Stamford Cops Say
- 2 Stamford Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Stamford
- 4 Stamford Man Charged With Fondling Wilton Woman During Meditation Session
- 5 Stamford's SAC Capital Boss Makes Forbes Billionaire List