STAMFORD, Conn. - John E. Rosa, Sr., a lifelong resident of Stamford, died Wednesday, March 19. He was 83.
Rosa was born Nov. 24, 1930 in Stamford, to John B. and Angelina LaMonica Rosa. He was a
former co-owner of R & R Convenience Store and The Club 14 Restaurant.
Rosa is survived by his wife, Marion V. Larkins Rosa; son, John E. Rosa, Jr., both of Stamford; brother, William Rosa of Seymour; and many nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents; brothers, Michael, Joseph, Paul and Nicholas Rosa; and sisters, Florence Candito, Rose (Dolly) Jones and Anita Rosa.
Calling hours are Sunday, March 23 from 2 to 6 p.m. at The Nicholas F. Cognetta Funeral Home & Crematory, 104 Myrtle Avenue, Stamford. A funeral procession will leave Monday, March 24 at 10:20 a.m. from the funeral home for a Mass of Christian Burial to be celebrated at 11 a.m. at St. Mary’s RC Church, 566 Elm St., Stamford. Interment will be private.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Rosa’s memory to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, 501 St. Jude Place Building, Memphis, TN 38105.
- 1 Police: Employee Stole $5,000 From Stamford Used Car Dealership
- 2 Stamford Uncle Charged In Family Dispute That Began Over Laundry Money
- 3 McDonald's Shakes Up Menu, Cuts Seven Sandwiches
- 4 Rain, Thunderstorms Could Be Coming To Stamford
- 5 Stamford Man Faces Prison Term For Having Oral Sex With 12-Year-Old