STAMFORD, Conn. - John A. Badini of Stamford died March 19. He was 75.
Badini was born July 21, 1938, in Manhattan, to Francesco and Ida Badini. He moved to Riverdale, N.Y., after his marriage and lived there with his family for seven years, then to Stamford where they have resided for the past 44 years.
Badini earned a Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering from New York University in 1968. He worked for many years in the telecommunications industry for Bell Telephone, New York Telephone and NYNEX, where his designs earned several patents. He retired early, at 59.
Badini is survived by his wife, Anna; son, Frank (Amy) of Greenwich; daughter, Laura Day (Steve) of Ridgefield; five grandchildren; sister-in-law Lalla (Gregory) Schimoler; and a niece and nephew.
John's life will be celebrated on Saturday, March 22 from 11:00AM-2:00PM at Leo P. Gallagher Funeral Home, 2900 Summer St. in Stamford.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in his memory to Friends of Nathaniel Witherell in Greenwich, http://www.thenathanielwitherell.org/support-friends-of-witherell.html
- 1 Husband Remembers WABC-TV Reporter Lisa Colagrossi At Stamford Service
- 2 Dogs Attack Stamford Woman And Her Labrador At Tilley Pond Park
- 3 Stamford Woman, 76, Dies Thursday; Cops Say Son Beat Her Violently
- 4 Man Charged With Attacking Wife , Swinging Ax Over Her Head In Stamford
- 5 Stop & Shop Recalls Several Frozen Food Items