STAMFORD, Conn. - John A. Badini of Stamford died March 19. He was 75.
Badini was born July 21, 1938, in Manhattan, to Francesco and Ida Badini. He moved to Riverdale, N.Y., after his marriage and lived there with his family for seven years, then to Stamford where they have resided for the past 44 years.
Badini earned a Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering from New York University in 1968. He worked for many years in the telecommunications industry for Bell Telephone, New York Telephone and NYNEX, where his designs earned several patents. He retired early, at 59.
Badini is survived by his wife, Anna; son, Frank (Amy) of Greenwich; daughter, Laura Day (Steve) of Ridgefield; five grandchildren; sister-in-law Lalla (Gregory) Schimoler; and a niece and nephew.
John's life will be celebrated on Saturday, March 22 from 11:00AM-2:00PM at Leo P. Gallagher Funeral Home, 2900 Summer St. in Stamford.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in his memory to Friends of Nathaniel Witherell in Greenwich, http://www.thenathanielwitherell.org/support-friends-of-witherell.html
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Stamford
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 Stamford Man Who Defrauded Clients Of $191K Gets One Year In Prison
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Giuseppe And Livia Fortuna, 91 And 86, Of Stamford