DARIEN, Conn. - Jean Carolyn Frame of Darien died Thursday, July 17. She was 91.
Frame was born June 13, 1923, in Illinois, to Jacob and Rena Zook. After receiving her Bachelor of Science in Chemistry degree from Michigan State University in 1946, she began a career in Stamford at American Cyanamid translating chemical formulas and technical papers from German to English. She obtained a Master of Science degree in education from Danbury State College in June of 1965 and began a new career as a teacher for the Stamford School system. She later received her Sixth Year Professional Diploma from the University of Bridgeport. Most of her career in education was spent teaching math and science at Roger's Middle School and later at Dolan Middle School. She was active with the Round Hill Highland Games; she served as president, secretary. She also served as past president for the American Association of University Women.
Frame is survived by her daughter, Kathy (Jay) of Redmond, Wash.; son, Bob (Cathy Ann) of Wingdale; and four grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Andrew; sisters, Rena and Cordelia; and daughter, Allison Frame.
A memorial service will be held Monday, July 21, 2014, 11:00 AM at the Union Memorial Church, Church Street, Glenbrook, CT. Interment will be private at a later date.
For more information, please visit: www.leopgallagherstamford.com
- 1 Prosecutor Slams Stamford Schools As Administrators Get Accelerated Rehab
- 2 Elderly Woman Mauled By Dog Dies At Bridgeport Hospital
- 3 Connecticut OKs Funding To Replace Metro-North Bridge In Norwalk
- 4 Stamford’s Cloonan Middle School Earns School Of Distinction Honor
- 5 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say