HAMDEN, Conn. - James Sapia, a resident of Hamden and a Stamford native, died March 31. He was 82.
Sapia was born Nov. 25, 1931, in Stamford. He was the son of Alfonso and Josephine (Gellici) Sapia. He served in the U.S. Army during the Korean Conflict. He worked for Henry-Richards in Stamford and Hamden for many years.
Sapia is survived by his sisters, Anna Ofiero of Darien, Lucy Sapia of Rocky Hill; and several nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents; brothers, Frank Sapia, Joseph Sapia, and Anthony Sapia; and sisters, Rose Giglio, Katherine Sapia, Mary Sapia, Frances Ambruoso, and Jennie Smith.
Calling hours are Friday, April 11, from 9 to 10 a.m. at the Lacerenza Funeral Home & Cremation Services, 8 Schuyler Ave., Stamford. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday, April 11, at Sacred Heart Church, 37 Schuyler Ave., Stamford. Interment will be private.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the American Heart Association, 5 Brooskide Drive, Wallingford, CT 06492.
- 1 Stamford Police Arrest Armed Man After Tense Standoff At Pizza Place
- 2 Stamford Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Stamford With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 4 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 5 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Stamford, Blizzard Watch Issued