HAMDEN, Conn. - James Sapia, a resident of Hamden and a Stamford native, died March 31. He was 82.
Sapia was born Nov. 25, 1931, in Stamford. He was the son of Alfonso and Josephine (Gellici) Sapia. He served in the U.S. Army during the Korean Conflict. He worked for Henry-Richards in Stamford and Hamden for many years.
Sapia is survived by his sisters, Anna Ofiero of Darien, Lucy Sapia of Rocky Hill; and several nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents; brothers, Frank Sapia, Joseph Sapia, and Anthony Sapia; and sisters, Rose Giglio, Katherine Sapia, Mary Sapia, Frances Ambruoso, and Jennie Smith.
Calling hours are Friday, April 11, from 9 to 10 a.m. at the Lacerenza Funeral Home & Cremation Services, 8 Schuyler Ave., Stamford. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday, April 11, at Sacred Heart Church, 37 Schuyler Ave., Stamford. Interment will be private.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the American Heart Association, 5 Brooskide Drive, Wallingford, CT 06492.
- 1 Obama Sweeps Into Stamford To Raise Cash For Democratic Party
- 2 Obama Departs From Westchester After Attending Stamford Event
- 3 Beware Of Delays On Merritt During Obama's Visit To Stamford
- 4 Norwalk Police: Stamford Man Sold Cocaine To Undercover Cop
- 5 Stamford Announces Musical Lineup For Alive@Five Concerts