HAMDEN, Conn. - James Sapia, a resident of Hamden and a Stamford native, died March 31. He was 82.
Sapia was born Nov. 25, 1931, in Stamford. He was the son of Alfonso and Josephine (Gellici) Sapia. He served in the U.S. Army during the Korean Conflict. He worked for Henry-Richards in Stamford and Hamden for many years.
Sapia is survived by his sisters, Anna Ofiero of Darien, Lucy Sapia of Rocky Hill; and several nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents; brothers, Frank Sapia, Joseph Sapia, and Anthony Sapia; and sisters, Rose Giglio, Katherine Sapia, Mary Sapia, Frances Ambruoso, and Jennie Smith.
Calling hours are Friday, April 11, from 9 to 10 a.m. at the Lacerenza Funeral Home & Cremation Services, 8 Schuyler Ave., Stamford. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday, April 11, at Sacred Heart Church, 37 Schuyler Ave., Stamford. Interment will be private.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the American Heart Association, 5 Brooskide Drive, Wallingford, CT 06492.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Stamford EMTs Use Narcan For First Time To Save Man From Overdose
- 3 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 4 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Stamford
- 5 Future 5 Hires First Development Director In Stamford