STAMFORD, Conn. - James Patrick Coughlin of Boca Raton, Fla., and Stamford, died Monday, July 14. He was 78.
Coughlin was born June 26, 1936, in White Plains, N.Y., to Michael Coughlin and Kathleen Hanlon Coughlin. He grew up in White Plains. He attended Stepinac High School and graduated in 1954. He went to Iona College and New York University on a full scholarship, working his way through to finish his MBA. He worked at JP Morgan Chase, RSSI, Lionel Eddie and Manufacturers Hanover. He moved to Somers in 1965. He was a parishioner at St. Joseph's Church. He was a member of the Italian American Center of Stamford, and parishioner at St. Leo's and St. Lucy's Catholic Churches.
Coughlin is survived by his wife, Dr. Marcia Geller-Coughlin; children, James Coughlin (Susan), Deborah Cardi (Michael), Michael Coughlin (Jennifer) and stepfather to Jaclyn Geller (Jim), Karen Geller and David Geller; seven grandchildren; siblings, Michael Coughlin (Patricia), Sheila O'Connor, Kathleen Sullivan and Anne Coughlin; and three step-grandchildren. He was predeceased by his parents.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday, July 18 at St. Leo Parish, 24 Roxbury Road, Stamford. Burial will follow at Kensico Cemetery.
For more information, please visit: http://www.gallagherfuneralhome.com
- 1 Stamford Man Hit By Car Remains In Critical Condition
- 2 Stamford Cops: Greenwich Woman Charged After Leaving Child In Locked Car
- 3 Police: Cross-Dressing Man Charged In Stamford Mugging
- 4 Story Of How Stamford Cops Helped Autistic Man Will Go National On 'NBC'
- 5 Police: Homeless Patron Punches Stamford Bouncer In The Nose