STAMFORD, Conn. - James P. Colford of Stamford died Sunday, Aug. 3. He was 83.
Colford was born Dec. 20, 1930, in Hoboken, N.J., to William E. and Jane Colford. He was a graduate of St. Peter's University and was an executive with IBM for 35 years, working as director of accounting practices. He also co-authored an accounting standards book, "Controllership."
Colford is survived by his wife, Joan Carubia Colford; daughters, Cathy Mayo, Eileen Mishley (Richard), and Carolyn Guarino; son, Jim Colford Jr. (Christine); son-in-law, Ralph Mayo; 11 grandchildren; a great-grandchild; sister, Jean Madden; brother, William Colford (Diane); and many nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents; sister, Mary; and brothers-in-law William Erbeck, and Francis.
Calling hours are Wednesday, Aug. 6, from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Leo P. Gallagher & Son Funeral Home, 2900 Summer St., Stamford. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 7, at St. Gabriel's Church, 914 Newfield Ave., Stamford. Burial will follow at Queen of Peace Cemetery.
- 1 9 Billionaires In Connecticut Make The Cut For Forbes 400
- 2 Greenwich Man Who Hit Stamford Cop With Car Arrested After Police Chase
- 3 Man, 21, Reported Missing Near Stamford
- 4 Stamford Cops Find Man Passed Out In Car With Engine Running
- 5 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight