TRUMBULL, Conn. - James “Jimmy” D’Aprile of Trumbull, formerly of Stamford, died Tuesday, March 4. He was 61.
D’Aprile was born Oct. 9, 1952, in Stamford, to Edward and Katherine Passero D’Aprile. He was an employee of SNET for 30 years as a product and business development manager, where he was responsible for the development and implementation of the first commercially available cellular prepaid service plan. After his retirement he worked for Cellnet Technologies as operations manager and then Itron Corporation as a senior operations manager. He was the director of the Connecticut Special Olympics Winter Games for 25 years. He received the Community Service Award from the New Haven Police Department.
D’Aprile is survived by his daughter, Melissa D’Aprile; former wife, Beverly D’Aprile, both of Trumbull; several nieces, nephews; and cousins. He was predeceased by his parents; and sister, Kathy Chickvary.
There will be no calling hours. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Saturday, March 8 at St, Mary’s RC Church, 566 Elm St., Stamford. Interment will be private.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to St. Vincent’s Swim Across the Sound, 2800 Main St., Bridgeport, CT 06606 or to Special Olympics Connecticut, 266 State St., Suite #1, Hamden, CT 06517-2232.
For more information, please visit: www.cognetta.com
- 1 Stamford Woman Avoids Being Swindled Out Of Thousands In Craigslist Scam
- 2 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 3 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 4 Report Says 54 Arrests Were Made At Stamford Schools In 2013
- 5 Stamford Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday