STAMFORD, Conn. - Isobel J. Valenzon Franco, a lifelong Stamford resident, died April 3. She was 81.
Franco was born Aug. 14, 1932, she was the daughter of James K. and Margaret (Brown) Johnstone. She graduated from Stamford High School in 1950.
Franco is survived by her children, Richard Scott Valenzon (Faythe), Peter Valenzon III (Rachel), Susan Johannessen (Jon) and Lisa Ann Valenzon; stepson in-law, Thomas Dunn (Sandy); stepdaughter, Debby Bennett (Gary); sister, Margaret Edlund; five grandchildren; three step grandchildren; 12 great grandchildren. She was predeceased by her husbands, Peter “Scrappy” Valenzon Jr. and Armand Franco; granddaughter, Armanda; brother, James Johnstone Jr.; and stepdaughter, Beverly Dunn.
Calling hours are Monday, April 7 from 4 to 8 p.m. and Tuesday, April 8 from 9 to 10 a.m. at the Lacerenza Funeral Home & Cremation Services, 8 Schuyler Ave., Stamford. A prayer service will be conducted at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 8 at Fairfield Memorial Park, Oaklawn Avenue, Stamford with Rev. Dr. David R. Van Dyke of the First Presbyterian Church, Stamford officiating. Interment will follow.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Carl & Dorothy Bennett Cancer, 30 Shelburne Road, Stamford.
For more information, please visit: http://www.lacerenzafuneralhome.com
- 1 Connecticut OKs Funding To Replace Metro-North Bridge In Norwalk
- 2 Stamford Takes Big Steps, Installs Stanchions To Improve Crosswalk Safety
- 3 Connecticut Sends Jumbo Snowblowers To Help Dig Out Buffalo
- 4 Connecticut Report Cites Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 5 'Tis The Season For Networking: New Group Forms In Stamford