STAMFORD, Conn. - Isobel J. Valenzon Franco, a lifelong Stamford resident, died April 3. She was 81.
Franco was born Aug. 14, 1932, she was the daughter of James K. and Margaret (Brown) Johnstone. She graduated from Stamford High School in 1950.
Franco is survived by her children, Richard Scott Valenzon (Faythe), Peter Valenzon III (Rachel), Susan Johannessen (Jon) and Lisa Ann Valenzon; stepson in-law, Thomas Dunn (Sandy); stepdaughter, Debby Bennett (Gary); sister, Margaret Edlund; five grandchildren; three step grandchildren; 12 great grandchildren. She was predeceased by her husbands, Peter “Scrappy” Valenzon Jr. and Armand Franco; granddaughter, Armanda; brother, James Johnstone Jr.; and stepdaughter, Beverly Dunn.
Calling hours are Monday, April 7 from 4 to 8 p.m. and Tuesday, April 8 from 9 to 10 a.m. at the Lacerenza Funeral Home & Cremation Services, 8 Schuyler Ave., Stamford. A prayer service will be conducted at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 8 at Fairfield Memorial Park, Oaklawn Avenue, Stamford with Rev. Dr. David R. Van Dyke of the First Presbyterian Church, Stamford officiating. Interment will follow.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Carl & Dorothy Bennett Cancer, 30 Shelburne Road, Stamford.
For more information, please visit: http://www.lacerenzafuneralhome.com
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Man Arrested After Driving Drunk, Crash, Police Pursuit, Stamford Cops Say
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Teens Charged With Using Stun Gun At Stamford High Summer School
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director