SHELTON, Conn. - Howard John Moody of Shelton and formerly of Monroe, died Friday, June 13. He was 88.
Moody was born June 6, 1926, in Arlington, N.J., and was the son of Alden Howard Moody and Anna (Coggin) Moody. He left high school to enlist in the Air Force in 1944. He was stationed in Okinawa where he was an airplane and engine mechanic. He graduated from the University of Bridgeport and the Bridgeport Engineering Institute. He worked at General Electric in Bridgeport as a tool and die apprentice before his 32-year career as an electrical engineer with Pitney Bowes in Stamford. He moved from Bridgeport to Monroe in 1973.
Moody is survived by his son, Thomas (Patricia) Moody; and three grandchildren. He was predeceased by his parents; and wife, Catherine (Bartley) Moody of Truthville, N.Y.
A private memorial service will be held at the convenience of the family.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Alzheimer's Association of Southern Ct at: 2911 Dixwell Ave. Suite 302 Hamden, Ct. 06518.
For more information, please visit: http://www.spadaccinofuneralhome.com
- 1 Obama Sweeps Into Stamford To Raise Cash For Democratic Party
- 2 Obama Departs From Westchester After Attending Stamford Event
- 3 Beware Of Delays On Merritt During Obama's Visit To Stamford
- 4 Norwalk Police: Stamford Man Sold Cocaine To Undercover Cop
- 5 Stamford Announces Musical Lineup For Alive@Five Concerts