STAMFORD, Conn. – Harold S. Temple of Stamford died Saturday, Sept. 1, at Norwalk Hospital. He was 87.
Born Feb. 8, 1925, in Darien, he was the son of Harold Temple Sr. and Ruth Weed Temple. He was a retired janitor from the Darien school system. Temple liked to make wooden scenes at local historical landmarks and work in his yard, his family said.
He is survived by a sister, Helen Temple, of Stamford; a niece, Ruth Brown, of New York; and a nephew, Paul Franson, of New Jersey. He was predeceased by his wife, Shirley Webb Temple; a sister, Estelle Franson; and two brothers, Harvey and Clifford Temple.
The family will receive friends from 9:45 to 10:45 a.m. Thursday at Edward Lawrence Funeral Home in Darien. A funeral service will follow at 11 a.m. at the funeral home, with burial at Fairfield Memorial Park in Stamford.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to a favorite charity.
- 1 Stamford Ranks Among Best Cities To Live In Nationwide
- 2 Obama Sweeps Into Stamford To Raise Cash For Democratic Party
- 3 Beware Of Delays On Merritt During Obama's Visit To Stamford
- 4 Obama Departs From Westchester After Attending Stamford Event
- 5 Couple Face Charges Of Making Fake Credit Cards In Stamford