STAMFORD, Conn. – Harold S. Temple of Stamford died Saturday, Sept. 1, at Norwalk Hospital. He was 87.
Born Feb. 8, 1925, in Darien, he was the son of Harold Temple Sr. and Ruth Weed Temple. He was a retired janitor from the Darien school system. Temple liked to make wooden scenes at local historical landmarks and work in his yard, his family said.
He is survived by a sister, Helen Temple, of Stamford; a niece, Ruth Brown, of New York; and a nephew, Paul Franson, of New Jersey. He was predeceased by his wife, Shirley Webb Temple; a sister, Estelle Franson; and two brothers, Harvey and Clifford Temple.
The family will receive friends from 9:45 to 10:45 a.m. Thursday at Edward Lawrence Funeral Home in Darien. A funeral service will follow at 11 a.m. at the funeral home, with burial at Fairfield Memorial Park in Stamford.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to a favorite charity.
- 1 Connecticut OKs Funding To Replace Metro-North Bridge In Norwalk
- 2 Frigid Wind Chills Will Continue In Stamford
- 3 Stamford Takes Big Steps, Installs Stanchions To Improve Crosswalk Safety
- 4 Connecticut Sends Jumbo Snowblowers To Help Dig Out Buffalo
- 5 Stamford Teen Dances Role Of Sugar Plum Fairy In 'Nutcracker'