STAMFORD, Conn. – Harold S. Temple of Stamford died Saturday, Sept. 1, at Norwalk Hospital. He was 87.
Born Feb. 8, 1925, in Darien, he was the son of Harold Temple Sr. and Ruth Weed Temple. He was a retired janitor from the Darien school system. Temple liked to make wooden scenes at local historical landmarks and work in his yard, his family said.
He is survived by a sister, Helen Temple, of Stamford; a niece, Ruth Brown, of New York; and a nephew, Paul Franson, of New Jersey. He was predeceased by his wife, Shirley Webb Temple; a sister, Estelle Franson; and two brothers, Harvey and Clifford Temple.
The family will receive friends from 9:45 to 10:45 a.m. Thursday at Edward Lawrence Funeral Home in Darien. A funeral service will follow at 11 a.m. at the funeral home, with burial at Fairfield Memorial Park in Stamford.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to a favorite charity.
- 1 Update: Two Men Charged With Murder In Fatal Shooting In Stamford In 2012
- 2 Man Arrested After Chase Charged With Throwing Rock At Stamford Police Cars
- 3 Police: Stamford Woman Hid In Dumpster After Stealing From CVS
- 4 Dentist Involved In Stamford Medicaid Fraud Scheme Pleads Guilty
- 5 Police Blame Pistol-Whipping, Rivalry For Stamford Slaying; 2 Arrests Made