STAMFORD, Conn. - Giovanna Pollicella of Stamford died Wednesday, Feb. 12. She was 96.
Pollicella was born Jan. 15, 1918, in Italy, to Antonio and Caterina DePreta Sillo.
Pollicella is survived by her daughter, Marie Massarella (Anthony) of New Canaan; son, Joseph Pollicella (Anna) of Stamford; sister, Antonietta Capocci of Michigan; five grandchildren; and 10 great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Antonio Pollicella; a brother; and five sisters.
Calling hours are Friday, Feb. 14 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Nicholas F. Cognetta Funeral Home & Crematory, 104 Myrtle Ave., Stamford. A funeral procession will leave the funeral home at 9:20 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 15 and proceed to St. Cecilia RC Church, 1186 Newfield Ave., Stamford for a Mass of Christian Burial to be celebrated at 10 a.m. Interment will follow at Lakeview Cemetery, New Canaan.
- 1 Husband Remembers WABC-TV Reporter Lisa Colagrossi At Stamford Service
- 2 Dogs Attack Stamford Woman And Her Labrador At Tilley Pond Park
- 3 Stamford Woman, 76, Dies Thursday; Cops Say Son Beat Her Violently
- 4 Man Charged With Attacking Wife , Swinging Ax Over Her Head In Stamford
- 5 Stop & Shop Recalls Several Frozen Food Items