STAMFORD, Conn. - Giovanna Pollicella of Stamford died Wednesday, Feb. 12. She was 96.
Pollicella was born Jan. 15, 1918, in Italy, to Antonio and Caterina DePreta Sillo.
Pollicella is survived by her daughter, Marie Massarella (Anthony) of New Canaan; son, Joseph Pollicella (Anna) of Stamford; sister, Antonietta Capocci of Michigan; five grandchildren; and 10 great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Antonio Pollicella; a brother; and five sisters.
Calling hours are Friday, Feb. 14 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Nicholas F. Cognetta Funeral Home & Crematory, 104 Myrtle Ave., Stamford. A funeral procession will leave the funeral home at 9:20 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 15 and proceed to St. Cecilia RC Church, 1186 Newfield Ave., Stamford for a Mass of Christian Burial to be celebrated at 10 a.m. Interment will follow at Lakeview Cemetery, New Canaan.
- 1 Stamford Man Charged With Spitting At Cabbie During Traffic Dispute
- 2 Stamford's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 4 Two Human Skulls Found At Stamford Transfer Station, Police Say
- 5 Popular Armonk Restaurant Plans Stamford Opening