STAMFORD, Conn. - Giovanna Pollicella of Stamford died Wednesday, Feb. 12. She was 96.
Pollicella was born Jan. 15, 1918, in Italy, to Antonio and Caterina DePreta Sillo.
Pollicella is survived by her daughter, Marie Massarella (Anthony) of New Canaan; son, Joseph Pollicella (Anna) of Stamford; sister, Antonietta Capocci of Michigan; five grandchildren; and 10 great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Antonio Pollicella; a brother; and five sisters.
Calling hours are Friday, Feb. 14 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Nicholas F. Cognetta Funeral Home & Crematory, 104 Myrtle Ave., Stamford. A funeral procession will leave the funeral home at 9:20 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 15 and proceed to St. Cecilia RC Church, 1186 Newfield Ave., Stamford for a Mass of Christian Burial to be celebrated at 10 a.m. Interment will follow at Lakeview Cemetery, New Canaan.
- 1 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 2 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Stamford
- 3 Stamford Ranks High Among Young Professionals
- 4 Second Arrest Made In Animal Cruelty Case At Danbury Pet Store
- 5 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight