STAMFORD, Conn. - Giovanna Pollicella of Stamford died Wednesday, Feb. 12. She was 96.
Pollicella was born Jan. 15, 1918, in Italy, to Antonio and Caterina DePreta Sillo.
Pollicella is survived by her daughter, Marie Massarella (Anthony) of New Canaan; son, Joseph Pollicella (Anna) of Stamford; sister, Antonietta Capocci of Michigan; five grandchildren; and 10 great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Antonio Pollicella; a brother; and five sisters.
Calling hours are Friday, Feb. 14 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Nicholas F. Cognetta Funeral Home & Crematory, 104 Myrtle Ave., Stamford. A funeral procession will leave the funeral home at 9:20 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 15 and proceed to St. Cecilia RC Church, 1186 Newfield Ave., Stamford for a Mass of Christian Burial to be celebrated at 10 a.m. Interment will follow at Lakeview Cemetery, New Canaan.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Stamford, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Stamford Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 3 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Stamford; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 4 Stamford Dodges Worst Of Nor'easter
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow