STAMFORD, Conn. - Giovanna Pollicella of Stamford died Wednesday, Feb. 12. She was 96.
Pollicella was born Jan. 15, 1918, in Italy, to Antonio and Caterina DePreta Sillo.
Pollicella is survived by her daughter, Marie Massarella (Anthony) of New Canaan; son, Joseph Pollicella (Anna) of Stamford; sister, Antonietta Capocci of Michigan; five grandchildren; and 10 great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Antonio Pollicella; a brother; and five sisters.
Calling hours are Friday, Feb. 14 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Nicholas F. Cognetta Funeral Home & Crematory, 104 Myrtle Ave., Stamford. A funeral procession will leave the funeral home at 9:20 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 15 and proceed to St. Cecilia RC Church, 1186 Newfield Ave., Stamford for a Mass of Christian Burial to be celebrated at 10 a.m. Interment will follow at Lakeview Cemetery, New Canaan.
- 1 Prosecutor Slams Stamford Schools As Administrators Get Accelerated Rehab
- 2 Connecticut OKs Funding To Replace Metro-North Bridge In Norwalk
- 3 Stamford’s Cloonan Middle School Earns School Of Distinction Honor
- 4 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say
- 5 Frigid Wind Chills Will Continue In Stamford