STAMFORD, Conn. – George E. Gardone, a lifelong Stamford resident, died Monday, Jan. 7. He was 79.
Gardone was the former owner of the Business Equipment Center. He enjoyed fishing and spending time by the water, but most enjoyed helping his son and stepsons with home improvements.
He is survived by his wife of 22 years, Patricia Ryan Gardone; a daughter, Estelle Cappelieri; two sons, George (Terry) and Glenn (Sharon) Gardone; four stepchildren, Donald (Linda) Kane, Todd (Arlene Moavero) Kane, Susan (Michael) Shea and Christopher (Laurie) Kane; and four grandchildren and eight step-grandchildren.
Visitation is 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Leo P. Gallagher and Son Funeral Home in Stamford. A graveside service will be held at 11:30 a.m. Friday at Fairfield Memorial Park Cemetery in Stamford.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, 501 St. Jude Place, Memphis, TN 38105.
- 1 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 2 Wilton Man Charged After Wandering In Stamford Home, Looking To Use Shower
- 3 Stamford Man Stopped On I-684 Charged With Driving Wrong Way, DWI
- 4 Stamford Board Of Ed Employee Charged With Sexually Assaulting Co-Worker
- 5 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview