STAMFORD, Conn. – George E. Gardone, a lifelong Stamford resident, died Monday, Jan. 7. He was 79.
Gardone was the former owner of the Business Equipment Center. He enjoyed fishing and spending time by the water, but most enjoyed helping his son and stepsons with home improvements.
He is survived by his wife of 22 years, Patricia Ryan Gardone; a daughter, Estelle Cappelieri; two sons, George (Terry) and Glenn (Sharon) Gardone; four stepchildren, Donald (Linda) Kane, Todd (Arlene Moavero) Kane, Susan (Michael) Shea and Christopher (Laurie) Kane; and four grandchildren and eight step-grandchildren.
Visitation is 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Leo P. Gallagher and Son Funeral Home in Stamford. A graveside service will be held at 11:30 a.m. Friday at Fairfield Memorial Park Cemetery in Stamford.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, 501 St. Jude Place, Memphis, TN 38105.
- 1 9 Billionaires In Connecticut Make The Cut For Forbes 400
- 2 Greenwich Man Who Hit Stamford Cop With Car Arrested After Police Chase
- 3 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 4 Stamford Cops Find Man Passed Out In Car With Engine Running
- 5 Arrest Of Stamford Duo In Shippan Car Break-Ins Tops Week’s News