STAMFORD, Conn. – George E. Gardone, a lifelong Stamford resident, died Monday, Jan. 7. He was 79.
Gardone was the former owner of the Business Equipment Center. He enjoyed fishing and spending time by the water, but most enjoyed helping his son and stepsons with home improvements.
He is survived by his wife of 22 years, Patricia Ryan Gardone; a daughter, Estelle Cappelieri; two sons, George (Terry) and Glenn (Sharon) Gardone; four stepchildren, Donald (Linda) Kane, Todd (Arlene Moavero) Kane, Susan (Michael) Shea and Christopher (Laurie) Kane; and four grandchildren and eight step-grandchildren.
Visitation is 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Leo P. Gallagher and Son Funeral Home in Stamford. A graveside service will be held at 11:30 a.m. Friday at Fairfield Memorial Park Cemetery in Stamford.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, 501 St. Jude Place, Memphis, TN 38105.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Man Arrested After Driving Drunk, Crash, Police Pursuit, Stamford Cops Say
- 3 Teens Charged With Using Stun Gun At Stamford High Summer School
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director