BRIDGEPORT, Conn. - George E. Labbancz Jr. of Bridgeport, formerly of Stamford, died Friday, Aug. 1. He was 64.
Labbancz was born Feb. 18, 1950, in Stamford, to George E. and Helen Tymula Labbancz Sr.
He was a physical education teacher with the Bridgeport School System. He also spent many years as a basketball coach throughout Fairfield County.
Labbancz is survived by his brothers, Robert F. Labbancz (Eugenia) of New Canaan and Thomas S. Labbancz of Milford; a nephew; aunts, Carolyn Tymula of Massachusetts, and Jane Rayburn (Bill) of Texas; and several cousins. He was predeceased by his parents; and brother, Frank Labbancz.
Calling hours are Wednesday, Aug. 6, from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Nicholas F. Cognetta Funeral & Crematory, 104 Myrtle Ave., Stamford. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 7, at St. Matthew's Roman Catholic Church, 216 Scribner Ave., Norwalk. Interment will follow at St. John's Roman Catholic Cemetery, Richards Avenue, Norwalk.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Labbancz's memory to First Tee of CT, 55 Golf Club Road, Cromwell, CT 06416.
- 1 Grad From Stamford's Westhill High In Line To Become Nike Chairman
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Malloy Defends Record In Speech Before Business Council Of Fairfield County
- 4 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Stamford-Bound Metro-North Train
- 5 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place