BRIDGEPORT, Conn. - George E. Labbancz Jr. of Bridgeport, formerly of Stamford, died Friday, Aug. 1. He was 64.
Labbancz was born Feb. 18, 1950, in Stamford, to George E. and Helen Tymula Labbancz Sr.
He was a physical education teacher with the Bridgeport School System. He also spent many years as a basketball coach throughout Fairfield County.
Labbancz is survived by his brothers, Robert F. Labbancz (Eugenia) of New Canaan and Thomas S. Labbancz of Milford; a nephew; aunts, Carolyn Tymula of Massachusetts, and Jane Rayburn (Bill) of Texas; and several cousins. He was predeceased by his parents; and brother, Frank Labbancz.
Calling hours are Wednesday, Aug. 6, from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Nicholas F. Cognetta Funeral & Crematory, 104 Myrtle Ave., Stamford. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 7, at St. Matthew's Roman Catholic Church, 216 Scribner Ave., Norwalk. Interment will follow at St. John's Roman Catholic Cemetery, Richards Avenue, Norwalk.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Labbancz's memory to First Tee of CT, 55 Golf Club Road, Cromwell, CT 06416.
- 1 Rain, Snow Threaten Stamford On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 2 Connecticut Report Cites Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 3 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In Stamford
- 4 Fallen Tree Cleared From Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 5 Catholic Diocese Expands Stamford Facility For Retired Priests