BRIDGEPORT, Conn. - George E. Labbancz Jr. of Bridgeport, formerly of Stamford, died Friday, Aug. 1. He was 64.
Labbancz was born Feb. 18, 1950, in Stamford, to George E. and Helen Tymula Labbancz Sr.
He was a physical education teacher with the Bridgeport School System. He also spent many years as a basketball coach throughout Fairfield County.
Labbancz is survived by his brothers, Robert F. Labbancz (Eugenia) of New Canaan and Thomas S. Labbancz of Milford; a nephew; aunts, Carolyn Tymula of Massachusetts, and Jane Rayburn (Bill) of Texas; and several cousins. He was predeceased by his parents; and brother, Frank Labbancz.
Calling hours are Wednesday, Aug. 6, from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Nicholas F. Cognetta Funeral & Crematory, 104 Myrtle Ave., Stamford. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 7, at St. Matthew's Roman Catholic Church, 216 Scribner Ave., Norwalk. Interment will follow at St. John's Roman Catholic Cemetery, Richards Avenue, Norwalk.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Labbancz's memory to First Tee of CT, 55 Golf Club Road, Cromwell, CT 06416.
- 1 Arrest Of Stamford Duo In Shippan Car Break-Ins Tops Week’s News
- 2 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 3 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 4 9 Billionaires In Connecticut Make The Cut For Forbes 400
- 5 Open Houses In Stamford This Weekend