BRIDGEPORT, Conn. - George E. Labbancz Jr. of Bridgeport, formerly of Stamford, died Friday, Aug. 1. He was 64.
Labbancz was born Feb. 18, 1950, in Stamford, to George E. and Helen Tymula Labbancz Sr.
He was a physical education teacher with the Bridgeport School System. He also spent many years as a basketball coach throughout Fairfield County.
Labbancz is survived by his brothers, Robert F. Labbancz (Eugenia) of New Canaan and Thomas S. Labbancz of Milford; a nephew; aunts, Carolyn Tymula of Massachusetts, and Jane Rayburn (Bill) of Texas; and several cousins. He was predeceased by his parents; and brother, Frank Labbancz.
Calling hours are Wednesday, Aug. 6, from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Nicholas F. Cognetta Funeral & Crematory, 104 Myrtle Ave., Stamford. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 7, at St. Matthew's Roman Catholic Church, 216 Scribner Ave., Norwalk. Interment will follow at St. John's Roman Catholic Cemetery, Richards Avenue, Norwalk.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Labbancz's memory to First Tee of CT, 55 Golf Club Road, Cromwell, CT 06416.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Stamford
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 Stamford Man Who Defrauded Clients Of $191K Gets One Year In Prison
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Giuseppe And Livia Fortuna, 91 And 86, Of Stamford