BRIDGEPORT, Conn. - George E. Labbancz Jr. of Bridgeport, formerly of Stamford, died Friday, Aug. 1. He was 64.
Labbancz was born Feb. 18, 1950, in Stamford, to George E. and Helen Tymula Labbancz Sr.
He was a physical education teacher with the Bridgeport School System. He also spent many years as a basketball coach throughout Fairfield County.
Labbancz is survived by his brothers, Robert F. Labbancz (Eugenia) of New Canaan and Thomas S. Labbancz of Milford; a nephew; aunts, Carolyn Tymula of Massachusetts, and Jane Rayburn (Bill) of Texas; and several cousins. He was predeceased by his parents; and brother, Frank Labbancz.
Calling hours are Wednesday, Aug. 6, from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Nicholas F. Cognetta Funeral & Crematory, 104 Myrtle Ave., Stamford. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 7, at St. Matthew's Roman Catholic Church, 216 Scribner Ave., Norwalk. Interment will follow at St. John's Roman Catholic Cemetery, Richards Avenue, Norwalk.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Labbancz's memory to First Tee of CT, 55 Golf Club Road, Cromwell, CT 06416.
- 1 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenager
- 2 Wilton Man Charged After Wandering In Stamford Home, Looking To Use Shower
- 3 Stamford Man Stopped On I-684 Charged With Driving Wrong Way, DWI
- 4 Stamford Board Of Ed Employee Charged With Sexually Assaulting Co-Worker
- 5 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed