STAMFORD, Conn. - Genevieve E. Vacca, a lifelong Stamford resident, died May 11. She was 82.
Vacca was born Dec. 15, 1931, she was the daughter of Alfonse and Evelyn (Daddona) Vacca. She worked as an interior decorator for many years and retired from Sears having worked in the sales department.
Vacca is survived by her sisters, Sister Rosemarie Vacca of the Sisters of Charity of Our Lady Mother of the Church in Baltic and Evelyn Vacca Simone of Lincroft, N.J.; three nephews and a niece; and 11 great nieces and nephews.
Calling hours are Wednesday, May 14 from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Lacerenza Funeral Home & Cremation Services, 8 Schuyler Ave., Stamford. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, May 15 at Sacred Heart Church, 37 Schuyler Ave., Stamford. Interment will follow at St. John's Cemetery, Darien.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to The Holy Family Mother House, 54 West Main Street, Baltic, CT 06330.
For more information, please visit: http://www.lacerenzafuneralhome.com
- 1 Man, 62, Knocks Down Younger Victim In Road Rage Assault, Stamford Cops Say
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Stamford
- 3 Disabled Vehicle Cleared From Snow-Covered Merritt Parkway In Stamford
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Stamford
- 5 Stamford Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In New Storm