RIDGEFIELD, Conn. - Frederick Charles Layda of Ridgefield died June 25. He was 92.
Layda was born Dec. 25, 1921. He was raised in Stamford and graduated from Wright Technical School before enlisting in the U.S. Army. He served during World War II as a member of the Fifth Infantry, fighting in France and Germany. After the war, he and his wife built a home in Ridgefield. He was a mechanical engineer and worked for Remington Rand, Smith Corona and Pitney Bowes.
Layda is survived by his daughters, Susan Layda of Ridgefield, Cynthia Lawrence (Jeffery) of Bethel; five grandchildren; and eight great grandchildren. He was predeceased by his wife, Dorothy (Flynn) Layda; brothers, Emil and Louis; and sister, Anne.
Private Services are being held at the direction of the family.
Contributions in Layda’s memory may be made to First Congregational Church of Bethel; 49 Main Street, Bethel, CT 06801.
For more information, please visit: www.jowdykanefuneralhome.com
- 1 Stamford Ranks Among Best Cities To Live In Nationwide
- 2 Obama Sweeps Into Stamford To Raise Cash For Democratic Party
- 3 Obama Departs From Westchester After Attending Stamford Event
- 4 Beware Of Delays On Merritt During Obama's Visit To Stamford
- 5 Couple Face Charges Of Making Fake Credit Cards In Stamford