RIDGEFIELD, Conn. - Frederick Charles Layda of Ridgefield died June 25. He was 92.
Layda was born Dec. 25, 1921. He was raised in Stamford and graduated from Wright Technical School before enlisting in the U.S. Army. He served during World War II as a member of the Fifth Infantry, fighting in France and Germany. After the war, he and his wife built a home in Ridgefield. He was a mechanical engineer and worked for Remington Rand, Smith Corona and Pitney Bowes.
Layda is survived by his daughters, Susan Layda of Ridgefield, Cynthia Lawrence (Jeffery) of Bethel; five grandchildren; and eight great grandchildren. He was predeceased by his wife, Dorothy (Flynn) Layda; brothers, Emil and Louis; and sister, Anne.
Private Services are being held at the direction of the family.
Contributions in Layda’s memory may be made to First Congregational Church of Bethel; 49 Main Street, Bethel, CT 06801.
For more information, please visit: www.jowdykanefuneralhome.com
- 1 Stamford Woman Avoids Being Swindled Out Of Thousands In Craigslist Scam
- 2 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 3 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 4 Report Says 54 Arrests Were Made At Stamford Schools In 2013
- 5 Stamford Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday