DANBURY, Conn. - Frederick Arthur Crothers of Danbury died March 6. He was 81.
Crothers was born March 7, 1933, in Providence, R.I., the son of Norbert J. and Catherine Moran Crothers. He was a graduate of Hope High School and Providence College and began his business career in Providence with G.E. Credit Corporation after serving in the U.S. Army.
After his marriage in 1958 he moved with his family to Philadelphia and Stamford through transfers. They chose Danbury in 1967 to raise their family. He retired from Homequity, Inc. of Wilton as manager of cash management in 1992.
Crothers is survived by his wife, Rita Gillooly Crothers; daughters, Deborah of Eastchester, N.Y., Monica of Yonkers, N.Y., and Laura Ansel (Donald) of Danbury; two grandchildren; brother, Norbert J. Crothers of Mashpee, Mass.; and sister, Regina Tritle of Bloomington, Minn.
Calling hours are Monday, March 10 from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Green Funeral Home, 57 Main St., Danbury. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Thursday, March 13 at St. Catherine of Siena Church, 74 Simmons Road, Little Compton, R.I. Burial will follow in Our Lady of Fatima Cemetery, South of Commons, Little Compton, R.I.
In lieu of flowers, contributions in Crothers’ memory may be made to the Regional Hospice and Home Care of Western CT., 39 Old Ridgebury Rd., Danbury, CT 06810.
- 1 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenager
- 2 Young Stamford Gymnast Vaults To Forefront In State Competition
- 3 Wilton Man Charged After Wandering In Stamford Home, Looking To Use Shower
- 4 Stamford Board Of Ed Employee Charged With Sexually Assaulting Co-Worker
- 5 Stamford Man Stopped On I-684 Charged With Driving Wrong Way, DWI