STAMFORD, Conn. - Frank Ieva of Stamford died Saturday, Aug. 9. He was 86.
Ieva was born April 7, 1928, in Stamford, to Nicholas and Anna (Discardi) Ieva. He served in the U.S. Army and worked at Machlett Labs, primarily as a group leader, for over 40 years before his retirement.
Ieva is survived by his son, Frank J. Ieva of Wilton; daughter, Susan Vindigni (Peter) of Woodbury; brothers, Salvatore Ieva of Norwalk and Louis Ieva (Mary) of Stamford; step-brothers, Anthony DeMatteo of Stamford and Nicholas DeMatteo (Eleanor) of California; and two grandchildren. He was predeceased by his parents.
Calling hours are Thursday, Aug. 14, from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Nicholas F.Cognetta Funeral Home & Crematory, 104 Myrtle Ave., Stamford. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 16, at St. Mary’s Roman Catholic Church, 566 Elm St., Stamford. Interment will be private at a later date.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the Leukemia Society of America Inc., 372 Danbury Road, Suite 200, Wilton, CT 06897 or to the Carl & Dorothy Bennett Cancer Center, 30 Shelburne Road, Stamford, CT 06904.
- 1 Stamford Woman Avoids Being Swindled Out Of Thousands In Craigslist Scam
- 2 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 3 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 4 Report Says 54 Arrests Were Made At Stamford Schools In 2013
- 5 Chance Of Snow Returns To Stamford Overnight