STAMFORD, Conn. - Frank Ieva of Stamford died Saturday, Aug. 9. He was 86.
Ieva was born April 7, 1928, in Stamford, to Nicholas and Anna (Discardi) Ieva. He served in the U.S. Army and worked at Machlett Labs, primarily as a group leader, for over 40 years before his retirement.
Ieva is survived by his son, Frank J. Ieva of Wilton; daughter, Susan Vindigni (Peter) of Woodbury; brothers, Salvatore Ieva of Norwalk and Louis Ieva (Mary) of Stamford; step-brothers, Anthony DeMatteo of Stamford and Nicholas DeMatteo (Eleanor) of California; and two grandchildren. He was predeceased by his parents.
Calling hours are Thursday, Aug. 14, from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Nicholas F.Cognetta Funeral Home & Crematory, 104 Myrtle Ave., Stamford. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 16, at St. Mary’s Roman Catholic Church, 566 Elm St., Stamford. Interment will be private at a later date.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the Leukemia Society of America Inc., 372 Danbury Road, Suite 200, Wilton, CT 06897 or to the Carl & Dorothy Bennett Cancer Center, 30 Shelburne Road, Stamford, CT 06904.
- 1 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care
- 2 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 3 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Stamford
- 4 Stamford Ranks High Among Young Professionals
- 5 Second Arrest Made In Animal Cruelty Case At Danbury Pet Store