STAMFORD, Conn. - Frank E. Bayers of Stamford died Jan. 18. He was 66.
Bayers was born in Milford and lived there most of his life, graduating from Jonathan Law High School in 1965. He served on a U.S. Navy destroyer for four years before pursuing a career in television and video production. At his retirement in 2005, he was a director of communications with Verizon (formerly GTE Corp.) in New York City and Basking Ridge, N.J.
He served on the Milford Harbor Commission, where he contributed to the Head of the Harbor project. He was a two-time commodore of the Milford Yacht Club and member of its Board of Directors.
Bayers is survived by his wife, Mary Pfeil Bayers; daughters, Alison Bayers Tighe (Dan) of Milford and Leslie Bayers ( Rio) Cardone of Lexington Park, Md.; son, Drew Bayers of Los Angeles; three grandchildren; sister, Heather B. Demet of Milford; brothers, Albert F. Bayers of New Milford and Frederick W. Bayers of Wilmington, N.C. He was predeceased by his brother, Geoffrey L. Bayers, and sister, Suzanne B. Varga.
A celebration of Bayers’ life will be held at 1 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 26, at the Milford Yacht Club, 131 Trumbull Ave.
Memorial donations may be made to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society at https://donate.lls.org/lls/donate or by calling 888-557-7177.
- 1 Grad From Stamford's Westhill High In Line To Become Nike Chairman
- 2 Malloy Defends Record In Speech Before Business Council Of Fairfield County
- 3 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You
- 4 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 5 Two Men Charged In Armed Robbery Of Stamford Convenience Store