DERBY, Vt. - Francis J. Taylor, of Derby and a longtime resident of Stamford, died Wednesday, Jan. 1. He was 84.
Taylor was born May 26, 1929, in the Bronx, N.Y., son of William and Mary (Murray) Taylor. He graduated from Cardinal Hayes High School and City College of New York. He served in the U.S. Air Force from 1950 to 1954. He spent his career in the pharmaceutical industry, the last 23 years of which were with Sterling Drug.
Taylor is survived by his son, John Taylor (Darcy) of Stamford; and three granddaughters. He was predeceased by his parents; first wife, Ann; and second wife, Alberta.
Calling hours are Monday, Jan. 6, from 4 to 6 p.m. at the Edward Lawrence Funeral Home, 2119 Post Road, Darien. A Mass of Christian Burial will be held at 10 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 7, at St. John Roman Catholic Church, 1986 Post Road, Darien. Burial will follow at Spring Grove Cemetery.
Memorial donations may be made to Meals on Wheels, payable to Area Agency on Aging, 481 Summer St., #101, St. Johnsbury, VT 05819.
- 1 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Stamford
- 3 Stamford Man Who Defrauded Clients Of $191K Gets One Year In Prison
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Crumbs Makes A Cupcake Comeback In Stamford