STRATFORD, Conn. - Eugene P. DeLeo of Stratford, formerly of Darien, died Saturday, Dec. 28. He was 91.
DeLeo was born Jan. 6, 1922, in Stamford; son of Clorinda and Salvatore DeLeo. He was a four-star athlete at Stamford High School, a Navy Veteran, and a scratch golfer. He later co-founded DeLeo Brothers, Inc., a construction firm which he and his brothers operated for over 35 years.
DeLeo is survived by his children, Paul (Ellen) DeLeo of New Fairfield, Linda (Frank) Ball of Fairfield, Gina (Tom) Curtin of Trumbull and Peter DeLeo of Stratford; eight grandchildren; three siblings, Helen, Carol and William; many nieces, nephews; cousins; and in-laws. He was predeceased by his parents; and wife, Louise M. DeLeo.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be held at the convenience of the family.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Connecticut Food Bank at http://www.ctfoodbank.org
- 1 Connecticut OKs Funding To Replace Metro-North Bridge In Norwalk
- 2 Stamford Takes Big Steps, Installs Stanchions To Improve Crosswalk Safety
- 3 Connecticut Report Cites Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 4 'Tis The Season For Networking: New Group Forms In Stamford
- 5 Stamford Swimmer Finds College Home At Villanova