STRATFORD, Conn. - Eugene P. DeLeo of Stratford, formerly of Darien, died Saturday, Dec. 28. He was 91.
DeLeo was born Jan. 6, 1922, in Stamford; son of Clorinda and Salvatore DeLeo. He was a four-star athlete at Stamford High School, a Navy Veteran, and a scratch golfer. He later co-founded DeLeo Brothers, Inc., a construction firm which he and his brothers operated for over 35 years.
DeLeo is survived by his children, Paul (Ellen) DeLeo of New Fairfield, Linda (Frank) Ball of Fairfield, Gina (Tom) Curtin of Trumbull and Peter DeLeo of Stratford; eight grandchildren; three siblings, Helen, Carol and William; many nieces, nephews; cousins; and in-laws. He was predeceased by his parents; and wife, Louise M. DeLeo.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be held at the convenience of the family.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Connecticut Food Bank at http://www.ctfoodbank.org
- 1 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Stamford
- 3 Stamford Man Who Defrauded Clients Of $191K Gets One Year In Prison
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Stamford Police Release Video Of Shooting, Ask For Help Finding Suspects