STRATFORD, Conn. - Eugene P. DeLeo of Stratford, formerly of Darien, died Saturday, Dec. 28. He was 91.
DeLeo was born Jan. 6, 1922, in Stamford; son of Clorinda and Salvatore DeLeo. He was a four-star athlete at Stamford High School, a Navy Veteran, and a scratch golfer. He later co-founded DeLeo Brothers, Inc., a construction firm which he and his brothers operated for over 35 years.
DeLeo is survived by his children, Paul (Ellen) DeLeo of New Fairfield, Linda (Frank) Ball of Fairfield, Gina (Tom) Curtin of Trumbull and Peter DeLeo of Stratford; eight grandchildren; three siblings, Helen, Carol and William; many nieces, nephews; cousins; and in-laws. He was predeceased by his parents; and wife, Louise M. DeLeo.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be held at the convenience of the family.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Connecticut Food Bank at http://www.ctfoodbank.org
- 1 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 2 Driver Injured As Car Goes Down Embankment Off Merritt Near Stamford Border
- 3 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 4 Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire Area Businessman, Philanthropist, Dies
- 5 Stamford, Check Out The Blue Moon Friday Night