STAMFORD, Conn. - Esterina Stella Crocco of Stamford died Tuesday, Jan. 28. She was 92.
Crocco was born Oct. 24, 1921, in Luzzi, Italy, to Eugenio and Maria Fazio Bevacqua. She was a member of the Sacred Heart Rosary Society for over 50 years.
Crocco is survived by her daughter, Michele M. Crocco of Stamford; son, Michael Crocco Jr. (Rita) of Stamford; sister, Elvira DiFino of Italy; three grandchildren; sister-in-law, Enrichetta Crocco of Stamford; several step-grandchildren; step-great grandchildren; and step-great great grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Michael M. Crocco, Sr.; step-daughters, Anna Telesco Agostino and Sylvia Serafino; and stepson, Gerald Crocco.
Calling hours are Friday, Jan. 31 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Nicholas F. Cognetta Funeral Home & Crematory, 104 Myrtle Ave., Stamford. A funeral procession will leave the funeral home Saturday, Feb. 1 at 9:20 a.m. and proceed to Sacred Heart RC Church, 37 Schuyler Ave., Stamford for a Mass of Christian Burial to be celebrated at 10 a.m. Interment will follow at St. Johns RC Cemetery, Darien.
- 1 Connecticut OKs Funding To Replace Metro-North Bridge In Norwalk
- 2 Stamford Takes Big Steps, Installs Stanchions To Improve Crosswalk Safety
- 3 Connecticut Sends Jumbo Snowblowers To Help Dig Out Buffalo
- 4 Connecticut Report Cites Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 5 UBS Parade Rises Again In Stamford On Sunday