STAMFORD, Conn. - Emily Turturino of Stamford died Tuesday, Feb. 11. She was 87.
Turturino was born Dec. 3, 1926, to John and Rose Dec Ciolek. She was a longtime resident of Stamford. She graduated from Stamford High School, Class of 1945.
Turturino is survived by her daughters, Linda Ferris of Darien, and Christina Strain (Edward) of Stamford; son, Mark J. Turturino (Linda) of Port Chester, N.Y.; two grandchildren; and several cousins, nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Joseph F. Turturino; and sisters, Florence Tillot, and Jane Fields.
A memorial service in celebration of Turturino’s life will be held at a later date at the Holy Name of Jesus Parish, 4 Pulaski St., Stamford. Interment will be held privately.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Turturino’s memory to: The Battle Buddy Foundation, 8859 Cincinnati-Dayton Road, Suite 202, West Chester, OH 45069 or online at http://www.tbbf.org/donate
For online condolences please visit http://www.cognetta.com
- 1 Bridgeport/Stamford Area Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Stamford
- 3 Stamford Man Who Defrauded Clients Of $191K Gets One Year In Prison
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Giuseppe And Livia Fortuna, 91 And 86, Of Stamford