STAMFORD, Conn. - Emily Turturino of Stamford died Tuesday, Feb. 11. She was 87.
Turturino was born Dec. 3, 1926, to John and Rose Dec Ciolek. She was a longtime resident of Stamford. She graduated from Stamford High School, Class of 1945.
Turturino is survived by her daughters, Linda Ferris of Darien, and Christina Strain (Edward) of Stamford; son, Mark J. Turturino (Linda) of Port Chester, N.Y.; two grandchildren; and several cousins, nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Joseph F. Turturino; and sisters, Florence Tillot, and Jane Fields.
A memorial service in celebration of Turturino’s life will be held at a later date at the Holy Name of Jesus Parish, 4 Pulaski St., Stamford. Interment will be held privately.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Turturino’s memory to: The Battle Buddy Foundation, 8859 Cincinnati-Dayton Road, Suite 202, West Chester, OH 45069 or online at http://www.tbbf.org/donate
For online condolences please visit http://www.cognetta.com
- 1 McDonald's Shakes Up Menu, Cuts Seven Sandwiches
- 2 Stamford Man Faces Prison Term For Having Oral Sex With 12-Year-Old
- 3 Stamford Adds Hours At Government Center For Beach Sticker Sales
- 4 Stamford Doctor Pleads Guilty To Narcotics Distribution, Fraud
- 5 Stamford Man Charged In Late Night Sex Assault In Apartment Building