STAMFORD, Conn. - Dorothy Rita Dowling of Stamford died March 6. She was 69.
Dowling was born Oct. 4, 1944, in Brooklyn, N.Y., to Leonard and Dorothy Dowling. She resided in the Glenbrook section of Stamford for many years. She graduated from Montclair State College in N.J. in 1966 with a B.A. in social studies. She worked in management positions at Verizon, N.J. Bell, and AT&T in their marketing departments. In 1990, she started her own consulting firm, DRD Associates, and worked with many of the nation's leading companies.
Dowling is survived by her husband, James O'Neill; brother, Matthew of Tennessee.; and nieces and nephew. She was predeceased by her parents; and sister, Mildred.
Calling hours are Monday, March 10 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Leo P. Gallagher & Son Funeral Home, 2900 Summer St., Stamford, CT 06905. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Tuesday, March 11 at Saint Bridget of Ireland Church, 278 Strawberry Hill Ave., Stamford, CT 06902.
- 1 Police: Drunk N.H. Man With Loaded Handgun Arrested At Gunpoint In Stamford
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 4 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 5 Stamford High Picks New Principal In Wake Of Teacher-Student Sex Scandal