STAMFORD, Conn. - Donald Frederick Wade of Stamford died April 10. He was 63.
Wade was born in Concord, Mass., to Guy Donald and Florence Wade. He moved to Stamford in 1984, and lived there for the remainder of his life. He went on to receive his BA from the University of Miami, supported by the Francis Ouimet Scholarship Fund.
He was a writer and editor for a variety of publications, including 17 years at Golf Digest, and the author of more than 30 books. He was a member of Stanwich Country Club for many years.
Wade is survived by his wife, Julia; children, Ben, Darcy, and Andy; brother, David; and sister, Annie. He was predeceased by his parents.
Calling hours are Friday, April 18 from 4 to 8 p.m. at Leo P. Gallagher & Son Funeral Home, 2900 Summer St., Stamford. Funeral and committal services will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, April 19 at St. Francis Episcopal Church, 2810 Long Ridge Road, Stamford.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations to the Ouimet Fund.
- 1 9 Billionaires In Connecticut Make The Cut For Forbes 400
- 2 Greenwich Man Who Hit Stamford Cop With Car Arrested After Police Chase
- 3 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 4 Stamford Cops Find Man Passed Out In Car With Engine Running
- 5 Arrest Of Stamford Duo In Shippan Car Break-Ins Tops Week’s News