STAMFORD, Conn. - Donald Frederick Wade of Stamford died April 10. He was 63.
Wade was born in Concord, Mass., to Guy Donald and Florence Wade. He moved to Stamford in 1984, and lived there for the remainder of his life. He went on to receive his BA from the University of Miami, supported by the Francis Ouimet Scholarship Fund.
He was a writer and editor for a variety of publications, including 17 years at Golf Digest, and the author of more than 30 books. He was a member of Stanwich Country Club for many years.
Wade is survived by his wife, Julia; children, Ben, Darcy, and Andy; brother, David; and sister, Annie. He was predeceased by his parents.
Calling hours are Friday, April 18 from 4 to 8 p.m. at Leo P. Gallagher & Son Funeral Home, 2900 Summer St., Stamford. Funeral and committal services will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, April 19 at St. Francis Episcopal Church, 2810 Long Ridge Road, Stamford.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations to the Ouimet Fund.
- 1 Update: Two Men Charged With Murder In Fatal Shooting In Stamford In 2012
- 2 Man Arrested After Chase Charged With Throwing Rock At Stamford Police Cars
- 3 Police: Stamford Woman Hid In Dumpster After Stealing From CVS
- 4 Dentist Involved In Stamford Medicaid Fraud Scheme Pleads Guilty
- 5 Police Blame Pistol-Whipping, Rivalry For Stamford Slaying; 2 Arrests Made