STAMFORD, Conn. - Daniel Moniz of Stamford died Monday, Aug. 11. He was 78.
Moniz was born Dec. 28, 1935, in New Bedford, Mass., to Marianno and Mary (Furtado) Moniz. He worked for the Wilton Board of Education as a custodian for many years.
Moniz is survived by his wife, Frances (Pope) Moniz; son, Brian Moniz; sister, Hilda Boucher (Roland) of New Bedford; sisters-in-law, Janet Moniz and Dot Moniz; a grandson; two great-granddaughters; and many nieces and nephews. He was predeceased his parents; twin brother, Donald Moniz; brother, George Moniz; and sisters, Evelyn Rosa, Mary Silveira and Irene Lewis.
All services will be conducted in private.
For more information, visit www.lacerenzafuneralhome.com/.
- 1 Stamford Man Charged With Spitting At Cabbie During Traffic Dispute
- 2 Stamford's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 4 Popular Armonk Restaurant Plans Stamford Opening
- 5 Two Human Skulls Found At Stamford Transfer Station, Police Say