STAMFORD, Conn. - Cornelia Pempleton of Stamford died Saturday, Aug. 30. She was 74.
Pempleton was born Aug. 13, 1940, in Knoxville, Tenn., to Paul and Hazel Casey Foxx.
Pempleton is survived by her daughters, Sherry Jones and Stephanie Pempleton, both of Stamford; stepdaughter, Denise Pempleton of Stamford; stepsons, Julius Pempleton of Columbia, S.C., and Gregory Pempleton of Meriden; sisters, Shirley Foxx and Mildred Anthony, both of Tennessee; brother, Paul Foxx Jr. of Amityville, N.Y.; 13 grandchildren; 17 great-grandchildren; and four great-great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; husbands, Rudolph Jones and Bonnie Pempleton; brother, Leonard Foxx; sister, Wilma Foxx; and stepdaughter, Bonnie Armistead.
Calling hours are Saturday, Sept. 6, from 9 to 11 a.m. at the Nicholas F. Cognetta Funeral Home & Crematory, 104 Myrtle Ave., Stamford. Interment will be private.
For more information, visit www.cognetta.com
- 1 Stamford Woman Found Dead After Suspicious Fire In Home
- 2 Stamford Police Seek Suspect Involved In Crash, Chase
- 3 Police Corral 90-Pound Alligator Crossing Street In New York City
- 4 Shark Sightings Lead To Beach Closure On Long Island
- 5 Women Betrayed Group To Rally Against Planned Parenthood In Stamford