STAMFORD, Conn. – Colleen Marie Gray Failla, a longtime Stamford resident, died Oct. 5. She was 47.
A resident of Springdale, Failla graduated from Sacred Heart High School in 1982. She was recently studying at Norwalk Community College, where she was expected to complete her nursing degree next year.
Before starting her nursing studies, Failla ran a cleaning business that served many homes and businesses throughout Fairfield County. Prior to that, she worked at the Norwalk offices of Pitney Bowes for several years.
Known to friends and family as a sweet-natured person, she could also break out a wicked sense of humor when no one was looking. Failla loved working outdoors in the garden with her dog, Edie, named after an uncle, Edward Killeen, with whom she shared a close bond.
Failla is survived by her parents, Karen (Joseph) Gracey and Paul (Elizabeth) Gray; two brothers, Kevin and Tim Gray; a sister, Laurie Ott; two sisters-in-law, Elissa Gray and Kim Gray; a brother-in-law, Harry Ott; and a nephew, Justin Ott.
A memorial service will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at St. Gabriel Church in Stamford. Memorial contributions may be sent to High Watch Recovery Center in Kent, Conn.
- 1 Connecticut OKs Funding To Replace Metro-North Bridge In Norwalk
- 2 Stamford Takes Big Steps, Installs Stanchions To Improve Crosswalk Safety
- 3 Connecticut Sends Jumbo Snowblowers To Help Dig Out Buffalo
- 4 Connecticut Report Cites Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 5 UBS Parade Rises Again In Stamford On Sunday