STAMFORD, Conn. - Charles 'Charlie' Lord of Stamford died March 21. He was 71.
Lord was born Sept. 20 1941, in Stamford, son of Guy Lord and Margaret (Abbott) Lord. He started his firefighting career as a volunteer at Long Ridge Fire Company. He retired from the City of Stamford Fire and Rescue after 34 years on the job.
Lord is survived by his wife, Connie (Hodges); son, Jeffery Lord; daughters, Sheryl Pohl and Robin Lord Russo; son-in-law, Robert Pohl; six grandchildren; brother, William 'Bill' Lord; brother-in-law, Jack Coughlin; many nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by parents and sister Keren Coughlin.
Calling hours are Tuesday March 26 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Leo P. Gallagher & Son Funeral Home, 2900 Summer St. Stamford. A celebration of Lord's life will be held Wednesday March 27 at 10.30 a.m. at the funeral home with burial to follow at Long Ridge Union Cemetery in Stamford.
In lieu of flowers, donations can be made in Lord’s memory to Stamford Firefighters Burn Foundation, 629 Main St. Stamford, Ct. 06901.
- 1 Stamford Ranks Among Best Cities To Live In Nationwide
- 2 Obama Sweeps Into Stamford To Raise Cash For Democratic Party
- 3 Obama Departs From Westchester After Attending Stamford Event
- 4 Beware Of Delays On Merritt During Obama's Visit To Stamford
- 5 Couple Face Charges Of Making Fake Credit Cards In Stamford