MONROE, Conn. - Charles D. Redfield of Monroe, and a former lifelong resident of Stamford, died Saturday, Jan. 25. He was 81.
Redfield was born Oct. 5, 1932, in Stamford, to Christine (Deicke) King and Stepfather Trumbull King. He attended Stamford schools and graduated from Stamford High School, class of 1951. Following high school, he entered the U.S. Navy where he served during the Korean War on the U.S.S. Bonhomme Richard. Upon his discharge from the service, he attended the University of Connecticut and graduated with a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration. He worked for Petro Oil Company in Stamford for 38 years until his retirement in 2006.
Redfield is survived by his children, Christopher Redfield (Tracy) of Ansonia, Tracey DeRubis (Daniel) of Monroe and Kerrieann Gourley (Douglas) of Sarasota, Fla.; three grandchildren; brothers, Bruce Redfield (Connie), Sandy King (Carol Ann) and Jeffery King (Nancy); many nieces, nephews; cousins; and friends. He was predeceased by his parents; and wife, Theresa Rosa Redfield.
In accordance to his wishes, the funeral services for Charles will be private.
For more information, please visit: www.bosakfuneralhome.com/
- 1 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 2 Stamford High Picks New Principal In Wake Of Teacher-Student Sex Scandal
- 3 Crash Cleared From I-95 Northbound In Norwalk
- 4 Teacher In Student Sex Case May Face Allegations Involving Stamford High
- 5 Severe Thunderstorm Watch Is In Effect In Stamford