MONROE, Conn. - Charles D. Redfield of Monroe, and a former lifelong resident of Stamford, died Saturday, Jan. 25. He was 81.
Redfield was born Oct. 5, 1932, in Stamford, to Christine (Deicke) King and Stepfather Trumbull King. He attended Stamford schools and graduated from Stamford High School, class of 1951. Following high school, he entered the U.S. Navy where he served during the Korean War on the U.S.S. Bonhomme Richard. Upon his discharge from the service, he attended the University of Connecticut and graduated with a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration. He worked for Petro Oil Company in Stamford for 38 years until his retirement in 2006.
Redfield is survived by his children, Christopher Redfield (Tracy) of Ansonia, Tracey DeRubis (Daniel) of Monroe and Kerrieann Gourley (Douglas) of Sarasota, Fla.; three grandchildren; brothers, Bruce Redfield (Connie), Sandy King (Carol Ann) and Jeffery King (Nancy); many nieces, nephews; cousins; and friends. He was predeceased by his parents; and wife, Theresa Rosa Redfield.
In accordance to his wishes, the funeral services for Charles will be private.
For more information, please visit: www.bosakfuneralhome.com/
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Stamford, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Stamford Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 3 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Stamford; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 4 Stamford Dodges Worst Of Nor'easter
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow