NORWALK, Conn. - Catherine “Cathy” Sharon Bing of Norwalk died April 18. She was 62.
Bing was born Feb. 1,1952, in Chicago, Ill., she was the daughter of Benedict F. Binkowski and Jane Sharon Bing. The family moved to Norwalk later that year. She attended Tracey Elementary School, St. Thomas the Apostle School and graduated from Central Catholic High School, class of 1970. She attended Briarwood College, Southington where she earned an associate degree. She obtained her nursing degree from Norwalk Community College in 1998. She worked at St. Joseph’s Hospital and later was employed as a nurse at Stamford Hospital through December 2012.
For many years she was a member of the Women’s Board of the Norwalk Hospital and was a volunteer at the Treasure House.
Bing is survived by her siblings, Richard Owen Binkowski of Tempe, Ariz., and Mark Thomas Binkowski of West Haven; several nieces and nephews; and cousins. She was predeceased by her parents; and brother, Christopher Binkowski.
Calling hours are Monday, April 28, from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Magner Funeral Home, 12 Mott Avenue, Norwalk. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Tuesday, April 29 at St. Thomas the Apostle Church, 203 East Ave. in Norwalk.
Donations may be made to Treasure House, Women’s Board of Norwalk Hospital, 34 Maple Street, Norwalk, CT, 06850.
- 1 Prosecutor Slams Stamford Schools As Administrators Get Accelerated Rehab
- 2 Connecticut OKs Funding To Replace Metro-North Bridge In Norwalk
- 3 Stamford’s Cloonan Middle School Earns School Of Distinction Honor
- 4 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say
- 5 Frigid Wind Chills Will Continue In Stamford