BRIDGEPORT, Conn. - Betty Anne Kirby of Bridgeport died Saturday, July 5. She was 82.
Kirby was born in North Garden, Va., to George and Alice Lee Gould Carter, she has been a resident of Bridgeport since 1981. She was employed as a nurse's aide with Windor of Stamford for 12 years. She was a member of St. Luke F.W.B. Church.
Kirby is survived by her husband, Abram Kirby, Jr. of Bridgeport; sons, Louis D. Carter of Va., and Abram Kirby, III of Stamford; stepsons, Michael Dawkins of Maryland, and Lorenzo Kirby of Stamford; daughters, Yolanda and Selinda Kirby of Bridgeport; sister, Pearl Beavers of Stratford; three grandchildren; many nephews, nieces; and other relatives and friends.
Calling hours are Friday, July 11 from 10 to 11 a.m. at the St. Luke F.W.B. Church, 1365 Stratford Ave., Bridgeport. Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Friday, July 11 at the church, with Rev. Dr. Jesse Polite, Pastor, officiating. Interment will follow in Mt. Grove Cemetery, Easton.
- 1 Stamford Police Arrest Armed Man After Tense Standoff At Pizza Place
- 2 Stamford Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Stamford With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 4 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 5 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Stamford, Blizzard Watch Issued