BRIDGEPORT, Conn. - Betty Anne Kirby of Bridgeport died Saturday, July 5. She was 82.
Kirby was born in North Garden, Va., to George and Alice Lee Gould Carter, she has been a resident of Bridgeport since 1981. She was employed as a nurse's aide with Windor of Stamford for 12 years. She was a member of St. Luke F.W.B. Church.
Kirby is survived by her husband, Abram Kirby, Jr. of Bridgeport; sons, Louis D. Carter of Va., and Abram Kirby, III of Stamford; stepsons, Michael Dawkins of Maryland, and Lorenzo Kirby of Stamford; daughters, Yolanda and Selinda Kirby of Bridgeport; sister, Pearl Beavers of Stratford; three grandchildren; many nephews, nieces; and other relatives and friends.
Calling hours are Friday, July 11 from 10 to 11 a.m. at the St. Luke F.W.B. Church, 1365 Stratford Ave., Bridgeport. Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Friday, July 11 at the church, with Rev. Dr. Jesse Polite, Pastor, officiating. Interment will follow in Mt. Grove Cemetery, Easton.
- 1 Stamford Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 Stamford Man Sentenced To 3 Years For Mortgage Fraud
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Stamford
- 4 Disabled Vehicle Cleared From Snow-Covered Merritt Parkway In Stamford
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48