STRATFORD, Conn. - Barbara Baker Scully Gernat of Stratford died Thursday, May 1. She was 69.
Gernat was born June 13, 1944, in Bridgeport, she was the daughter of James T. and Elizabeth K. Patterson Baker. She was employed by Peoples United Bank and later retired from UBS Bank of Stamford as an administrative assistant.
Gernat is survived by her son, Jeffrey R. DeWitt (Kimberly) of Norwalk; daughters, Janice Scully of Stratford and Kathy Powers (Mark) of Georgia; six grandchildren; sisters, Evelyn Clough of Stratford, Patricia Hovan of Haymarket, Va. and Ingrid Chrismond of Trumbull. She was predeceased by her parents; and husband, Ronald P. Gernat.
A Memorial Service will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday, June 21 in the First Congregational Church, 2301 Main St., Stratford. Interment will follow at 12 p.m. in Lawncroft Cemetery, Fairfield.
- 1 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Stamford
- 3 Stamford Man Who Defrauded Clients Of $191K Gets One Year In Prison
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Stamford Police Release Video Of Shooting, Ask For Help Finding Suspects