STRATFORD, Conn. - Barbara Baker Scully Gernat of Stratford died Thursday, May 1. She was 69.
Gernat was born June 13, 1944, in Bridgeport, and was a daughter of James T. and Elizabeth K. Patterson Baker. She was employed by Peoples United Bank and later retired from USB Bank of Stamford as an administrative assistant. She a member of the Bunnell High School, class of 1962.
Gernat is survived by her son, Jeffrey R. DeWitt (Kimberly) of Norwalk; daughters, Janice Scully of Stratford and Kathy Powers (Mark) of Georgia; six grandchildren; sisters, Evelyn Clough of Stratford, Patricia Hovan of Haymarket, Va., and Ingrid Chrismond of Trumbull. She was predeceased by her parents; and husband, Ronald P. Gernat.
A Memorial Service celebrating Gernat’s life will take place in June on a date to be announced soon at First Congregational Church, 2301 Main St., Stratford. Interment will follow in Lawncroft Cemetery, Fairfield.
For more information, please visit : http://www.abriola.com
- 1 Stamford Man Hit By Car Remains In Critical Condition
- 2 CDC Confirms First Case Of EV-D68 In Connecticut Child
- 3 Second West Nile Virus Case Confirmed In Stamford
- 4 Wilton Police Land Two Stamford Men Fishing Illegally In Reservoir
- 5 Story Of How Stamford Cops Helped Autistic Man Will Go National On 'NBC'