STAMFORD, Conn. - Anthony J. Tella of Stamford died Friday, June 15. He was 96.
Tella was born Feb. 12, 1917, in Stamford. He was the son of Thomas and Regina Pasquini Tella and had been a lifelong Stamford resident. He was a Realtor and owner of Suburban Properties in Stamford before his retirement.
He was a founding member of the Senior Men's Association of Stamford and a president of the North Stamford Lions Club. Tella was also a member of the Halloween Yacht club. He was a World War II veteran and also served in the 399th Civil Affairs Group in Danbury. He retired from the U.S. Army Reserve as a major.
Tella is survived by his wife, Jeanne Hart Tella; son, Richard Tella, of Greenlawn, N.Y.; sister, Claire Grunbeck of Huntington, N.Y.; and two grandchildren. He was predeceased by his parents; sister, Marie Galgano; and brothers, Dr. Rocco Tella and Dr. Ralph Tella.
Calling hours are Monday, June 17, from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Leo P. Gallagher and Son Funeral Home, 2900 Summer St. Stamford. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Tuesday, June 18, at St. Cecilia RC Church, 1186 Newfield Ave., Stamford. Interment will follow in St. John Cemetery, Camp Ave., Darien.
For more information, visit www.leopgallagherstamford.com
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Stamford EMTs Use Narcan For First Time To Save Man From Overdose
- 3 Police Search For Stamford Man In Armed Robbery Of Check-Cashing Business
- 4 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 5 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Stamford