STAMFORD, Conn. - Anthony J. Tella of Stamford died Friday, June 15. He was 96.
Tella was born Feb. 12, 1917, in Stamford. He was the son of Thomas and Regina Pasquini Tella and had been a lifelong Stamford resident. He was a Realtor and owner of Suburban Properties in Stamford before his retirement.
He was a founding member of the Senior Men's Association of Stamford and a president of the North Stamford Lions Club. Tella was also a member of the Halloween Yacht club. He was a World War II veteran and also served in the 399th Civil Affairs Group in Danbury. He retired from the U.S. Army Reserve as a major.
Tella is survived by his wife, Jeanne Hart Tella; son, Richard Tella, of Greenlawn, N.Y.; sister, Claire Grunbeck of Huntington, N.Y.; and two grandchildren. He was predeceased by his parents; sister, Marie Galgano; and brothers, Dr. Rocco Tella and Dr. Ralph Tella.
Calling hours are Monday, June 17, from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Leo P. Gallagher and Son Funeral Home, 2900 Summer St. Stamford. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Tuesday, June 18, at St. Cecilia RC Church, 1186 Newfield Ave., Stamford. Interment will follow in St. John Cemetery, Camp Ave., Darien.
For more information, visit www.leopgallagherstamford.com
- 1 Obama Sweeps Into Stamford To Raise Cash For Democratic Party
- 2 Obama Departs From Westchester After Attending Stamford Event
- 3 Beware Of Delays On Merritt During Obama's Visit To Stamford
- 4 Norwalk Police: Stamford Man Sold Cocaine To Undercover Cop
- 5 Stamford Announces Musical Lineup For Alive@Five Concerts