BRIDGEPORT, Conn. - Annie Rease-Bey of Bridgeport died Wednesday, March 19. She was 69.
Rease-Bey was born in Williamston, N.C., to Herman and Aileen Lanier Rease, she has been a resident of Bridgeport for the past 10 years. Prior to moving to Bridgeport she lived in Virginia and in Stamford. She was employed as a marketing coordinator at Stauffer Chemical Corp. and as a paraprofessional teacher at the Geraldine W. Johnson School. She was a disciple of Messiah Baptist Church She also served as a volunteer for AARP, and was an advocate for Connecticut State Dept. on Aging.
Rease-Bey is survived by her daughter, Tamiko (Vernon) Collier of Bridgeport; brother, Michael Rease; sister, Vera McNeil of Va.; three grandchildren; a great-granddaughter; several nephews, nieces; relatives; and friends.
A memorial service will be held Tuesday, March 25 at Messiah Baptist Church, 210 Congress St., Bridgeport with Pastor James B. Logan, officiating.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Bridgeport Rescue Mission, 1088 Fairfield Ave., Attn: Trudi Rude.
- 1 Stamford Man Hit By Car Remains In Critical Condition
- 2 CDC Confirms First Case Of EV-D68 In Connecticut Child
- 3 Second West Nile Virus Case Confirmed In Stamford
- 4 Wilton Police Land Two Stamford Men Fishing Illegally In Reservoir
- 5 Story Of How Stamford Cops Helped Autistic Man Will Go National On 'NBC'