STAMFORD, Conn. - Anne F. Woods of Stamford, formerly of Ossining, N.Y., died Tuesday, Feb. 4. She was 94.
Woods was born March 6, 1919, in Brooklyn, N.Y., to William and Agnes Lowrey Fleming. She was a graduate of the College of Mount St. Vincent and initially worked for the Edison Co. in New York. After raising her family, she joined B. Altman and Co. and retired as a manager. She was a volunteer at the Ossining Food Pantry.
Woods is survived by her daughters, Regina Woods Gordon (Kenneth) of Stamford and Joanne P. Woods of Croton-on-Hudson, N.Y.; and three grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Joseph J. Woods; brother, William Fleming; and sister, Sister Marguerite Mary Fleming.
Calling hours are Friday, Feb. 7, from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Nicholas F. Cognetta Funeral Home & Crematory, 104 Myrtle Ave., Stamford. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 8, at St. Leo's Parish, 24 Roxbury Road, Stamford. Interment will take place at St. John's Cemetery, Queens, N.Y., at a later date.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Woods' memory to the American Cancer Society, 825 Brook St., I-91 Tech Center, Rocky Hill, CT 06067-3045, Masonicare Home Health & Hospice, c/o The Masonicare Charity Foundation of CT, 74 Cheshire Road, Wallingford, CT 06492 or The Ossining Food Pantry, P.O Box 869, Ossining, NY 10562.
For more information, please visit: http://www.cognetta.com.
- 1 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 2 Wilton Man Charged After Wandering In Stamford Home, Looking To Use Shower
- 3 Stamford Man Stopped On I-684 Charged With Driving Wrong Way, DWI
- 4 Stamford Board Of Ed Employee Charged With Sexually Assaulting Co-Worker
- 5 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview