STAMFORD, Conn. - Angelo V. Astone died July 14. He was 81.
Astone was born Dec. 22, 1932, in Fresno, Calif. He served in the United States Coast Guard. He attended Fresno State College and the University of San Francisco where he studied law. He joined the corporate business world with General Electric Credit Corporation, later evolving into General Electric Capital. He progressed to the home office of GE Capital in Stamford where he worked until his retirement, a period of 41 years. He and his wife have been parishioners in St. Lawrence Catholic Church in Shelton.
Astone is survived by his wife, Frances; son, Michael Astone (Cynthia); daughters, Sandra Beacham and Susan Sell (Joe); nine grandchildren; brother, Ed Astone (Kris) of Lincoln, Calif. He was predeceased by his daughter, Karen (Astone) Mester of Shelton; and mother, Ethel Astone.
A memorial reception was held on July 17 in Hilton Head. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11:30 a.m. July 24 at St. Lawrence Church in Shelton with a reception following. A private burial will be held at the Gates of Heaven Cemetery.
For more information, please visit: http://www.theislandfuneralhome.com
- 1 Stamford Man Charged With Spitting At Cabbie During Traffic Dispute
- 2 Stamford's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 4 Popular Armonk Restaurant Plans Stamford Opening
- 5 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In Stamford, NOAA Predicts