STAMFORD, Conn. – Angela A. Jaworski Samela, a former longtime resident of Stamford, died Nov. 16 at Tidelands Hospice Care in Georgetown, S.C. She was 97.
She was born Nov. 23, 1914, in Yonkers, N.Y., to Sophia and Stanley Jaworski. She was married to Nicholas J. Samela Sr., who predeceased her. She was most recently of Pawley’s Island, S.C.
Samela is survived by a daughter, Marie (Steve) Salamon, of Pawley's Island; a son, Nicholas J. (Roxine) Samela Jr., of Stamford; five grandchildren and four great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by six brothers, Frank, Joseph, Michael, Stanley, Ben and Anthony Jaworski; and three sisters, Ann Freeman, Mary Bedosky and Genevieve LaRusso.
Visitation is from 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Friday at Bosak Funeral Home in Stamford. A funeral procession will leave the funeral home immediately after visitation. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. at St. Maurice Church in Stamford. Burial will follow at Fairfield Memorial Park in Stamford.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to Tidelands Hospice House, 2591 N. Fraser St., Georgetown, SC 29440.
- 1 Police: Employee Stole $5,000 From Stamford Used Car Dealership
- 2 Stamford Uncle Charged In Family Dispute That Began Over Laundry Money
- 3 McDonald's Shakes Up Menu, Cuts Seven Sandwiches
- 4 Rain, Thunderstorms Could Be Coming To Stamford
- 5 Stamford Chase Bank Employee Charged With Larceny In Phony Check Scheme