STAMFORD, Conn. – Angela A. Jaworski Samela, a former longtime resident of Stamford, died Nov. 16 at Tidelands Hospice Care in Georgetown, S.C. She was 97.
She was born Nov. 23, 1914, in Yonkers, N.Y., to Sophia and Stanley Jaworski. She was married to Nicholas J. Samela Sr., who predeceased her. She was most recently of Pawley’s Island, S.C.
Samela is survived by a daughter, Marie (Steve) Salamon, of Pawley's Island; a son, Nicholas J. (Roxine) Samela Jr., of Stamford; five grandchildren and four great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by six brothers, Frank, Joseph, Michael, Stanley, Ben and Anthony Jaworski; and three sisters, Ann Freeman, Mary Bedosky and Genevieve LaRusso.
Visitation is from 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Friday at Bosak Funeral Home in Stamford. A funeral procession will leave the funeral home immediately after visitation. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. at St. Maurice Church in Stamford. Burial will follow at Fairfield Memorial Park in Stamford.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to Tidelands Hospice House, 2591 N. Fraser St., Georgetown, SC 29440.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Stamford On Wednesday
- 2 Man With Knife Robs Man Walking Dog, Stamford Police Say
- 3 Stamford High Principal, Assistant Apply For Special Court Program
- 4 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 5 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola