STAMFORD, Conn. - Amelia “Millie” Caputo of Stamford died Tuesday, April 8. She was 88.
Caputo was born July 2, 1925, in Bovino Foggia, Italy, to Anthony and Carmella Fratturo DePalma.
Caputo is survived by her children, Carl and JoAnn Caputo of Stamford; sisters, Dina Carella of Southbury, and Antoinette Gerardi, Jean Perna, Carmella Raffaele, Marie Sparan, all of Stamford; brothers, George DePalma of Oxford and Joseph DePalma of Norwich; and many nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Joe Caputo; and sister, Tilly Cognetta.
Calling hours are Thursday, April 10, from 4 to 8 p.m. at The Nicholas F. Cognetta Funeral Home & Crematory, 104 Myrtle Ave., Stamford. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday, April 11, at St. Maurice Roman Catholic Church, 358 Glenbrook Road, Stamford. Interment will follow at St. John’s Roman Catholic Cemetery.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Stamford On Wednesday
- 2 Billionaire Cohen Donates $20 Million To Stamford Hospital
- 3 Man With Knife Robs Man Walking Dog, Stamford Police Say
- 4 Stamford High Principal, Assistant Apply For Special Court Program
- 5 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich