STAMFORD, Conn. - Amelia “Millie” Caputo of Stamford died Tuesday, April 8. She was 88.
Caputo was born July 2, 1925, in Bovino Foggia, Italy, to Anthony and Carmella Fratturo DePalma.
Caputo is survived by her children, Carl and JoAnn Caputo of Stamford; sisters, Dina Carella of Southbury, and Antoinette Gerardi, Jean Perna, Carmella Raffaele, Marie Sparan, all of Stamford; brothers, George DePalma of Oxford and Joseph DePalma of Norwich; and many nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Joe Caputo; and sister, Tilly Cognetta.
Calling hours are Thursday, April 10, from 4 to 8 p.m. at The Nicholas F. Cognetta Funeral Home & Crematory, 104 Myrtle Ave., Stamford. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday, April 11, at St. Maurice Roman Catholic Church, 358 Glenbrook Road, Stamford. Interment will follow at St. John’s Roman Catholic Cemetery.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Man Charged In Handsaw Attack In Stamford That Injured Ex's New Boyfriend
- 3 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Man Arrested After Driving Drunk, Crash, Police Pursuit, Stamford Cops Say