STAMFORD, Conn. - Amelia “Millie” Caputo of Stamford died Tuesday, April 8. She was 88.
Caputo was born July 2, 1925, in Bovino Foggia, Italy, to Anthony and Carmella Fratturo DePalma.
Caputo is survived by her children, Carl and JoAnn Caputo of Stamford; sisters, Dina Carella of Southbury, and Antoinette Gerardi, Jean Perna, Carmella Raffaele, Marie Sparan, all of Stamford; brothers, George DePalma of Oxford and Joseph DePalma of Norwich; and many nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Joe Caputo; and sister, Tilly Cognetta.
Calling hours are Thursday, April 10, from 4 to 8 p.m. at The Nicholas F. Cognetta Funeral Home & Crematory, 104 Myrtle Ave., Stamford. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday, April 11, at St. Maurice Roman Catholic Church, 358 Glenbrook Road, Stamford. Interment will follow at St. John’s Roman Catholic Cemetery.
- 1 Stamford Man Charged With Spitting At Cabbie During Traffic Dispute
- 2 Stamford's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 4 Two Human Skulls Found At Stamford Transfer Station, Police Say
- 5 Popular Armonk Restaurant Plans Stamford Opening