STAMFORD, Conn. - Alice J. Pond, formerly of Stamford, died Monday, Jan. 13. She was 75.
Pond was born Nov. 1, 1938, in Torrington, to Felix and Helen Hotra Zande. She attended Torrington High School and then graduated from Post Junior College. After settling in Stamford in 1962, she worked part time. Later she worked full-time with companies including Continental Can and GE Commercial Finance. She was a volunteer and supporter of the American Cancer Society for many years.
Pond is survived by her daughter, Susan Saracena (Tom) of Westport; son, Jeff Pond (Donna) of Bridgeport, Kyle Pond (Susan Zuanelli) of Wilton; eight grandchildren; sister, Gail Bergeron (Marcel) of St Louis Mo.; and two nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; and ex-husband, Charles W. Pond, Jr.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 16 at Assumption Parish, 98 Riverside Ave., Westport. Interment will take place privately at the New St. Francis RC Cemetery, Torrington.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Stamford Senior Center, 888 Washington Blvd, Stamford, CT 06901.
For more information, please visit: www.cognetta.com
- 1 Prosecutor Slams Stamford Schools As Administrators Get Accelerated Rehab
- 2 Connecticut OKs Funding To Replace Metro-North Bridge In Norwalk
- 3 Stamford’s Cloonan Middle School Earns School Of Distinction Honor
- 4 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say
- 5 Frigid Wind Chills Will Continue In Stamford