STAMFORD, Conn. - Alice J. Pond, formerly of Stamford, died Monday, Jan. 13. She was 75.
Pond was born Nov. 1, 1938, in Torrington, to Felix and Helen Hotra Zande. She attended Torrington High School and then graduated from Post Junior College. After settling in Stamford in 1962, she worked part time. Later she worked full-time with companies including Continental Can and GE Commercial Finance. She was a volunteer and supporter of the American Cancer Society for many years.
Pond is survived by her daughter, Susan Saracena (Tom) of Westport; son, Jeff Pond (Donna) of Bridgeport, Kyle Pond (Susan Zuanelli) of Wilton; eight grandchildren; sister, Gail Bergeron (Marcel) of St Louis Mo.; and two nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; and ex-husband, Charles W. Pond, Jr.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 16 at Assumption Parish, 98 Riverside Ave., Westport. Interment will take place privately at the New St. Francis RC Cemetery, Torrington.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Stamford Senior Center, 888 Washington Blvd, Stamford, CT 06901.
For more information, please visit: www.cognetta.com
- 1 Man With Knife Robs Man Walking Dog, Stamford Police Say
- 2 Stamford High Principal, Assistant Apply For Special Court Program
- 3 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 4 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 5 Stamford Commission Seeks New Ways To Use Old Buildings