STAMFORD, Conn. - Alice J. Pond, formerly of Stamford, died Monday, Jan. 13. She was 75.
Pond was born Nov. 1, 1938, in Torrington, to Felix and Helen Hotra Zande. She attended Torrington High School and then graduated from Post Junior College. After settling in Stamford in 1962, she worked part time. Later she worked full-time with companies including Continental Can and GE Commercial Finance. She was a volunteer and supporter of the American Cancer Society for many years.
Pond is survived by her daughter, Susan Saracena (Tom) of Westport; son, Jeff Pond (Donna) of Bridgeport, Kyle Pond (Susan Zuanelli) of Wilton; eight grandchildren; sister, Gail Bergeron (Marcel) of St Louis Mo.; and two nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; and ex-husband, Charles W. Pond, Jr.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 16 at Assumption Parish, 98 Riverside Ave., Westport. Interment will take place privately at the New St. Francis RC Cemetery, Torrington.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Stamford Senior Center, 888 Washington Blvd, Stamford, CT 06901.
For more information, please visit: www.cognetta.com
- 1 Stamford Man Hit By Car Remains In Critical Condition
- 2 CDC Confirms First Case Of EV-D68 In Connecticut Child
- 3 Second West Nile Virus Case Confirmed In Stamford
- 4 Wilton Police Land Two Stamford Men Fishing Illegally In Reservoir
- 5 Story Of How Stamford Cops Helped Autistic Man Will Go National On 'NBC'