WILTON, Conn. — A 19-year-old Stamford woman turned herself in to Wilton police Monday on a warrant charging her in a November shoplifting incident at Ancona’s Wines & Liquors in which more than $500 worth of merchandise was stolen, police say.
Vanity Melendez is accused of helping at least two others steal 14 bottles of liquor totaling $523 from the store on Nov. 22, police say. The stolen merchandise included five bottles of Grey Goose; four bottles of Johnnie Walker Red Label; two bottles of Patron Silver; one bottle of Ciroc vodka; one bottle of Bacardi and one bottle of Asombroso tequila.
Melendez was charged with fifth-degree larceny and conspiracy to commit fifth-degree larceny, misdemeanors. The other two suspects, also from Stamford — Elsie Alvarez, 29, and Raymond Martinez, 30 — were arrested the week of Feb. 18. An additional arrest is pending, police say.
Melendez, Alvarez and Martinez are not strangers to Ancona’s, police say. The three, along with one other suspect, were arrested on Dec. 7 and charged with stealing seven bottles of liquor totaling $275.
After the December theft, store management reviewed security footage and found that Melendez, Alvarez and Martinez were also at the shop Nov. 22, according to the police report.
Melendez was released on a promise to appear at Norwalk Superior Court on March 13.
- 1 Stamford Police Arrest Armed Man After Tense Standoff At Pizza Place
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Stamford, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Stamford With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 5 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Stamford; Blizzard Warning Issued