WILTON, Conn. — A 19-year-old Stamford woman turned herself in to Wilton police Monday on a warrant charging her in a November shoplifting incident at Ancona’s Wines & Liquors in which more than $500 worth of merchandise was stolen, police say.
Vanity Melendez is accused of helping at least two others steal 14 bottles of liquor totaling $523 from the store on Nov. 22, police say. The stolen merchandise included five bottles of Grey Goose; four bottles of Johnnie Walker Red Label; two bottles of Patron Silver; one bottle of Ciroc vodka; one bottle of Bacardi and one bottle of Asombroso tequila.
Melendez was charged with fifth-degree larceny and conspiracy to commit fifth-degree larceny, misdemeanors. The other two suspects, also from Stamford — Elsie Alvarez, 29, and Raymond Martinez, 30 — were arrested the week of Feb. 18. An additional arrest is pending, police say.
Melendez, Alvarez and Martinez are not strangers to Ancona’s, police say. The three, along with one other suspect, were arrested on Dec. 7 and charged with stealing seven bottles of liquor totaling $275.
After the December theft, store management reviewed security footage and found that Melendez, Alvarez and Martinez were also at the shop Nov. 22, according to the police report.
Melendez was released on a promise to appear at Norwalk Superior Court on March 13.
- 1 Man, 62, Knocks Down Younger Victim In Road Rage Assault, Stamford Cops Say
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Stamford
- 3 Disabled Vehicle Cleared From Snow-Covered Merritt Parkway In Stamford
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Stamford
- 5 Stamford Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In New Storm