STAMFORD, Conn. — The following is a list of businesses and organizations in Stamford and whether they are open Wednesday after Hurricane Sandy.
- Stamford Museum & Nature Center: Closed, but the animals are alright.
- Stamford Government Center: Open for normal business hours.
- Fairway Market: Open for normal business hours.
- Stamford Family YMCA: Open since 7 a.m.
- Yerwood Center: Closed.
- E. Gaynor Brennan Golf Course: Closed.
- Rizzuto’s Wood-Fired Kitchen & Bar: Open.
- Stamford Recreation: after-school programs, evening programs, swim lessons, adult volleyball, adult softball have been canceled.
- Ferguson Library: Main Library downtown is open, the Harry Bennett Branch remains without power, and the Weed Memorial & Hollander Branch will open at 11 a.m. No word on the South End Branch.
- Volta: Will be open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Cindy and Eddie's Barbershop: Open for haircuts and charging cell phones.
- New York Sports Club: Is open to all until 10:30 p.m. tonight for a workout and/or a warm shower.
- Stamford Toys: Open from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Temple Beth El:Open.
Let us know other places that are open or closed on Wednesday by commenting below or e-mailing reporter Anthony Buzzeo, tbuzzeo@DailyVoice.com.