WESTPORT, Conn. – U.S. Rep. Jim Himes, who represents most of Fairfield County in the 4th Congressional District, will be among the special guest speakers at a gun violence forum Sunday hosted by the Social Action Committee of Westport’s Temple Israel.
At the 2 p.m. forum, community members will hear about national, state and local responses to the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting. Attendees will also have the opportunity to voice their concerns.
Other special guest speakers will include state Reps. Jonathan Steinberg (D-Westport), Kim Fawcett (D-Fairfield) and Gerald Fox (D-Stamford); state Sens. Toni Boucher (R-Wilton) and Beth Bye (D-West Hartford); Westport First Selectman Gordon Joseloff; Weston First Selectman Gayle Weinstein; Mike Lawlor of the Connecticut Criminal Justice Policy and Planning Division; and Lisa Labella, vice president of Connecticut Against Gun Violence.
A question-and-answer session will follow the speakers. For more information about the forum, call Temple Israel at 203-227-1293 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Temple Israel is at 14 Coleytown Road, Westport.
- 1 Man With Knife Robs Man Walking Dog, Stamford Police Say
- 2 Stamford High Principal, Assistant Apply For Special Court Program
- 3 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 4 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 5 Stamford Commission Seeks New Ways To Use Old Buildings