WESTPORT, Conn. – U.S. Rep. Jim Himes, who represents most of Fairfield County in the 4th Congressional District, will be among the special guest speakers at a gun violence forum Sunday hosted by the Social Action Committee of Westport’s Temple Israel.
At the 2 p.m. forum, community members will hear about national, state and local responses to the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting. Attendees will also have the opportunity to voice their concerns.
Other special guest speakers will include state Reps. Jonathan Steinberg (D-Westport), Kim Fawcett (D-Fairfield) and Gerald Fox (D-Stamford); state Sens. Toni Boucher (R-Wilton) and Beth Bye (D-West Hartford); Westport First Selectman Gordon Joseloff; Weston First Selectman Gayle Weinstein; Mike Lawlor of the Connecticut Criminal Justice Policy and Planning Division; and Lisa Labella, vice president of Connecticut Against Gun Violence.
A question-and-answer session will follow the speakers. For more information about the forum, call Temple Israel at 203-227-1293 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Temple Israel is at 14 Coleytown Road, Westport.
- 1 Stamford Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 Stamford Man Sentenced To 3 Years For Mortgage Fraud
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Stamford
- 4 New Canaan Cop Dragged During Arrest Narrowly Escapes Serious Injury
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48