STAMFORD, Conn. — Stamford may replace two city bridges and would apply for federal funding to help do so, according to the mayor’s office.
The bridges are the Cedar Heights Road Bridge over the Rippowam River and the Riverbank Road Bridge over the Mianus River, located about a half-mile north of June Road, a statement said.
If undertaken, designs for the project would begin in mid-2013, with construction likely for 2017, the release said. People looking for more information should contact City Engineer Lou Casolo at 203-977-5796,or Paul Ginotti at 203-977-4856. Updates will also be posted on the engineering page of the city’s website as the project develops.
The project would be eligible to receive funding from the Federal Local Bridge Replacement Program administered by the Connecticut Department of Transportation, which would cover about 80 percent of the cost, the release said. The other 20 percent would be covered from municipal funding.
- 1 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 2 Stamford Man Stopped On I-684 Charged With Driving Wrong Way, DWI
- 3 Stamford Board Of Ed Employee Charged With Sexually Assaulting Co-Worker
- 4 NBC Pressures New Canaan's Brian Williams To Quit, Says Report
- 5 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview