FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Traffic delays for Friday afternoon's commute are building early on Interstate 95 and the Merritt Parkway in Fairfield County.
An accident on the Merritt Parkway north on the Greenwich/Stamford border occurred at 2:52 p.m. to help start the the commuting headache. The Connecticut Department of Transportation reported on its Traffic Incidents website that the Merritt was congested for 27 miles from Exit 27 in Greenwich to Exit 48 in Fairfield.
Connecticut DOT also reported Interstate 95 north was congested from Exit 2 in Greenwich to Exit 24 in Fairfield, a distance of 24.8 miles.
Southbound traffic on I-95 and the Merritt was moving reasonably well, and there no accidents were reported in nearby Westchester County in New York as of 3:30 p.m. Friday.
- 1 Bridgeport/Stamford Area Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Stamford
- 3 Stamford Man Who Defrauded Clients Of $191K Gets One Year In Prison
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 3 In Custody After Shooting, Police Chase From Stamford To Norwalk