STAMFORD, Conn. — A 17-year-old boy pleaded guilty Tuesday to fatally stabbing a man outside the downtown McDonald’s in a crime that shocked Stamford two years ago, according to the Stamford Advocate.
Marquest Hall pleaded guilty to first-degree manslaughter and will be sentenced to 20 years in prison, the Advocate said.
Hall, who has been described as the lead attacker in the stabbing death, had been charged with murder and was looking at 60 years in prison if convicted. He had turned down an earlier plea bargain offer last June.
At the time of his arrest, Hall was only 15 and was believed to be the youngest person ever charged with murder in Stamford. He was charged as an adult.
Antonio Muralles, 52, was stabbed outside the Bedford Street fast-food restaurant on March 11, 2015.
Two other people were arrested in connection with the homicide. An unidentified 17-year-old was charged with second-degree hindering prosecution and charged as a juvenile.
James McLamb, then 22, of New Haven, was also arrested and charged with murder. He is held on bond and still awaits trial. His next court appearance is set for March 29.
The incident began at about 8:15 p.m. March 11, 2015, police said.
The confrontation began after Muralles accidentally spilled a coffee on Hall as he was leaving the McDonald's, polcie said. Hall was in a group of four to five people outside the fast-food restaurant, police said.
Despite apologies from Muralles, Hall attacked him and stabbed him in the heart, police said. The group then fled the scene. Muralles died four hours later at Stamford Hospital after undergoing emergency surgery, police said.
Click here to read the story at the Stamford Advocate website.